Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,448   Online: 861

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    The Northshore of Lake Superior is magnificent! Lovely shoreline. Cool lighthouses. But for me the main attraction was the raging rivers cascading into the lake. I loved the area, but NOT the weather. Rain, drizzle, sleet, rain & rain. The trails were sloppy muddy, but the rivers were magnificent. Did I mention that it rained? And how about the coldest May 12 in 115 years of record keeping.

I hiked to the Gooseberry 5th Falls, and Caribou Falls,(although the trail was closed just before the falls ) on Friday. Saturday I hiked both sides of the Temperance River. Thanks to blaughn for suggesting it and showing me the great shots taken there!

Boy, was blaughn right about the "brown" water!! Don't know how my shots will turn out. Had to battle rain, wind and really slippery trails. But it was worth it! Hope to get the film developed before the weekend.

600 miles of driving. 18 miles of hiking, (that would be slogging through mud with a 4x5 kit in a backpack!). But it was definitely worth the effort! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!!

Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds like you had a nice trip. If it makes you feel any better I think all of Minnesota was under a giant raincloud and down here near the metro area we also experienced records colds. You should plan a return trip for the future - sometime in the fall. The fall colors only make the area that much more stunning and if you're lucky you'll have dry weather.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anyte
    You should plan a return trip for the future - sometime in the fall. The fall colors only make the area that much more stunning and if you're lucky you'll have dry weather.
    I am in the Twin Cities about every 45-60 days on business. This was the first time I had the opportunity to take some personal time. Generally it's "In 'n' Out"!

Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by galyons
    I am in the Twin Cities about every 45-60 days on business. This was the first time I had the opportunity to take some personal time. Generally it's "In 'n' Out"!

Cheers,
    Geary

I think you just picked the wrong darn May to visit. Friday was the first time I think I seen the sun all month, but now the rain is back.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin