Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,042   Online: 894

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Where to buy film in Madrid?

Can anybody recommend a place where one can purchase film in Madrid, Spain? I'll be looking for 35mm rolls of Kodak Tri-x , Tmax-400 (400TMY) or, Ilford HP-5+ (basically, any 400 speed B&W film from the big three will do). Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several camera stores along the Gran Vía, although most carry only color film, you can find Tri-X and Tmax there. Go to the Corte Inglés de la Gran Vía. Next to is FNAC, a store that sells photographic equipment. The sales people downstairs can tell you where you can get Ilford film (it is a small store only a few blocks from FNAC).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try at at Fotocasion, Carlos Arniches, 22 (in the Rastro) (a great old and used stuff store too)

or Galeote near the fnac, Callejon de preciados, 2 or Gran via, 26

in this link a lot of stores classified by districts http://www.fotoventasdigital.com/dat...aquincena.html

Hope you enjoy the visit to Madrid

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Peter and Adrian. I'm taking a short holiday in Madrid on the way home from Israel. If I survive the week in Israel, I'll be in Madrid 27-30 May.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Madrid is a nice city to visit, with a lot of thing to see, a bunch of great museums if you like, but the best thing in my opinion is the people and customs. I strongly recommend you visit the Rastro sunday in the morning early and see all that people buying and selling old and used furniture, books, comics, clothes, discs... and yes CAMERAS. The camera zone is all along Carlos Arniches street where fotocasion is. Usually it´s crowded (mainly if the weather is good) so be carefull with your pockets. Hope you like it. I´ll send you some photos I did there few months ago.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin