Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,056   Online: 1031

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Please recommend lab for E6 120 film processing in Vienna, Bratislava or Budapest

Hello everyone,

I've been a fan of this site/forum for the past few months but I haven't had the opportunity to participate yet, until now. I'm planning a trip to Central Europe for this summer. I'll be shooting Velvia, Sensia and maybe Provia. I really don't want to wait to develop the film until I return to California and I don't want to mail it home either. So, can someone recommend a photo lab in Vienna, Bratislava or Budapest that can process E6 120 film?
    Just so you know, I posted this message on photo.net but I did not get any replies. I don't post on multiple sites but this time I really need some help.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guissimo
    Hello everyone,

I've been a fan of this site/forum for the past few months but I haven't had the opportunity to participate yet, until now. I'm planning a trip to Central Europe for this summer. I'll be shooting Velvia, Sensia and maybe Provia. I really don't want to wait to develop the film until I return to California and I don't want to mail it home either. So, can someone recommend a photo lab in Vienna, Bratislava or Budapest that can process E6 120 film?
    Just so you know, I posted this message on photo.net but I did not get any replies. I don't post on multiple sites but this time I really need some help.

Thanks!
    Interesting question - we too have to find a good lab in Budapest. For now, I can only think of this: go to Soos Foto and ask there. They sell lots of vintage cameras and know about analog stuff. Here is the address:
    Soos foto
    1051 Budapest, József Attila u. 22.
    Tel: 317-2341
    Fax: 235-0928
    E-mail: uzlet@soosfoto.hu
    Open: M-F 9-17 óráig, Sat. 10-13 óráig

It's in the centre on the Pest side near the busstation and the new funky underground parking garage.

If you're really desperate and can't find anything, go into a modern art museum or modern art gallery showing photoworks, do the poor tourist act and get people there to help you. There are plenty of photographers & artists in Budapest still working with analog equipment, so there must be a professional lab somewhere!

Good luck,
    medform-norm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin