Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,611   Online: 1035

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Cape Breton (Nova Scotia) suggestions?

I am going to Cape Breton Island for a good 10 days next month and I am looking for "photo op" suggestions. I am interested in the urban and industrial landscape and would especially be pleased to encounter abandonned mining operations. Any must-sees you can suggest?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    I am going to Cape Breton Island for a good 10 days next month and I am looking for "photo op" suggestions. I am interested in the urban and industrial landscape and would especially be pleased to encounter abandonned mining operations. Any must-sees you can suggest?

You'll probably have to stick around the southern portion of the island; last year my girlfriend and I went to the Highlands (North of the islands) and you will barely see a house every mile or so. I remember that the bridge between CB island and mainland Nova Scotia is quite stunning. It's not a high bridge, but it's right beside an excavation pit that's a very interesting sight.

If you're after industrial landscape in NS you're probably better off with the mainland.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin