Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,809   Online: 752

Shooter
    Digital Negs

Exploring the world of Williamsburg in black and white

Well, I spent the better part of my day walking around Willimasburg taking pictures of old abandoned warehouses and the streets of old northern williamsburg. As I walked into Greenpoint, I found an abandoned car that looked like it had been on fire recently. The smell of smoke was still present, although faintly.

We'll see...I've still got plenty of more picture taking to do, but for my first trek out to find structures and places that I feel would look great in black and white, I think I managed to fair quite well.

Happy 4th.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I moved this post to a more appropriate place - my first act as a moderator.

It sounds like a great day out with the camera!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Inked:

Reading your post got me to scratching my head....I first thought that you were in Virginia, until you mentioned Greenpoint.

Here I was thinking you were talking about the challenges of photographing a very touristy location without taking tourist snapshots...and to read about a burned out car??? You managed a pretty good laugh from me, when I realized you were in Brooklyn. (Which has pletnty of NON tourist photo ops...)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin