Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,566   Posts: 1,573,467   Online: 774

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Twelve Apostles...Eleven, Ten, Nine, Eight

Last Sunday, one of the so-called Twelve Apostles sea stacks crumbled into the sea in front of bemused onlookers. I say "so-called" as there actually were nine stacks, and now there are eight. The Twelve Apostles are one of the most-photographed destinations in Australia, and are located several hundred kilometres south-west of Melbourne. The stack which collapsed was one of the most prominent, with its distinctive wave-like shape, so the remaining formation has lost much of its allure.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    Last Sunday, one of the so-called Twelve Apostles sea stacks crumbled into the sea in front of bemused onlookers. I say "so-called" as there actually were nine stacks, and now there are eight. The Twelve Apostles are one of the most-photographed destinations in Australia, and are located several hundred kilometres south-west of Melbourne. The stack which collapsed was one of the most prominent, with its distinctive wave-like shape, so the remaining formation has lost much of its allure.
    I saw a photo of it this morning on another forum. You are right, the scene loses a lot of its allure - good thing I took pictures there last year.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was a great shame Kevin. If there is a sunny side, I guess it is that yours, Robert T's and Ken Duncan's images of the 12 Apostles may have their values enhanced even further!

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#800080]Ken Duncan's 12 Apostles[/color][/size][/font][size=3][/size]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mine is not on the same level as Ken's, and I guess I won't have the opportunity to get better at this location. From what I was told, it is practically impossible to get permission to shoot the apostles from the beach - Ken pulled a lot of strings to get down there for that shot.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's true, John. I've never sold a print of anything, but I certainly have a LOT of images of the Twelve Apostles in all manner of weather conditions. One thing I don't have though is an image from the lower viewpoint such as that one by Ken Duncan. That part of beach is inaccessible to the general public. I have one image of the Twelve Apostles in my gallery, but the two stacks shown are on the one part of beach which is accessible.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here is a link to the photo that I found earler today: http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/vi...60844&forward=
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    It was a great shame Kevin. If there is a sunny side, I guess it is that yours, Robert T's and Ken Duncan's images of the 12 Apostles may have their values enhanced even further!

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#800080]Ken Duncan's 12 Apostles[/color][/size][/font][size=3][/size]
    60,000 dollars!!!!!!!
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well maybe Ken's will not go up in value much .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There must be cheaper options than $60,000. Ken Duncan isn't the only person ever granted access to that strip of beach.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what I want to know is will they dredge that ugly looking lump of rock out of the way or let some seals claim it as home!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin