Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,155   Online: 1065

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

London, Paris and Amsterdam

Well, wanna guess where I am spending three weeks soon?

Yep London, Amsterdam and Paris.

Now, what do I HAVE to take pictures of in these cities?

For London I have no idea. I am there mostly to see friends and family and the EXCELLENT Kahlo exhibit that opened in the Tate Modern. Maybe one of the outdoor markets or parks?

For Paris I have a better idea. I figure the catacombs (if I can), and maybe the flower market and life on the left bank.

Amsterdam I am only going to for new Van Gogh exhibit of his drawings. It will help me round out my "trifecta of art" which will start with a one-day layover in L.A. to see King Tut.

I figure Amsterdam would have some good street life. But I need to know where to find it. I don't want just pictures of stoned Americans.

So help me out here.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Now, what do I HAVE to take pictures of in these cities?
    Not a damn thing! as a matter of fact it is best you dont waste your time and just send me the ticket, I want to spare you the frustration......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    GAWD! There is so much to photograph in all three of these cities, you'l be like a kid in candy store. Where do I begin?

London: My suggestion is to take one the many double deckers and take a tour. From the tour, you'll get an idea of all the places. I like street life/scene and architecture myself, so my neck was stiff with all places I wanted to shoot.

Also goto the London Eye in the early morning or early evening for some panoramic shots of London. I'd suggest early morning - less people.

Speaking of early morning, if you get up really early and there's a nice fog, you'll get some fantastic shots by the Thames.

Paris: I'd try a different tack with Paris - twilight. Montparnese is a thriving area for street photography - really just about every part of the city. The Louvre, the Place de la Bastille, the Basilica Sacre Coeur and the usual Eiffel tower, Champs, etc... are good starts. Especially at twilight. Take a boat tour along the Seine early in the morning as well. Bring a wide angle lens.

Amsterdam: Another great streetlife photographic bonanza. I'd definitely take a boat tour, maybe two and take some pics along the canal. My favourite way is go to the back of the tour boat to get the best views and least people in the pics. Once you know your way and the places, Amsterdam is quite small and you can walk just about anywhere to take a pic you missed.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    May we count on three poll free weeks? Then everyone gets to enjoy something.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What the heck is that supposed to mean?
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, I thought the original posting was by gr82bart. May you have the journey of a lifetime.

When one has only half a brain they should not let their attention be distracted.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin