Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,066   Online: 1188

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If many of the trails and such are closed, try Globe east of Phoenix. On the south side of town there is a city/state park with some explorable Hohokam ruins. It gives you a chance at some up close and personal type photos of the ancient indian ruins. You also have the reservoir that way. There is another park ruin site between Globe and Phoenix, but the trail going up to it is almost verticle. In this heat I would rather do the one that has no climb to it.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In Prescott, Granite dells is a great spot to shoot. Definitely check out Oak Creek Canyon. Also try to visit Lockett Meadow in Flagstaff. Great place to get to know because in the fall, when the Aspens change, it is incredible. Also in the Fall, The Blue Range, which is amazing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I remember when I lived in Phoenix.

Well, I would go much closer to home - drive out east to Apache Junction, then up to Lost Dutchman State Park or into the Superstitions. I always found it was about 10° cooler there than in the city - if you go in the late afternoon before sunset it isn't too bad.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all your great suggestions, I'll file away the ones I can't get to right away. If I ever get the uploading thing figured out I'll post some results

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Take a look in my APUG gallery. A good portion of the images are all taken up in Prescott, AZ. It is 1hour from Phoenix. I would sugguest photographing at Lynx Lake, Granite Dells and even the historic downtown area there is a beautiful counthouse from the early 1900's.

I do not know what type of work you do, but they are getting lots of monsoon up theire right now...so its a good time if you do landscape! Lynx Lake has the best caming in all of Prescott...so I suggest you stay there if you camp.

If you have any question about where to go, stay, eat ect in Prescott...let me know. I was raised there and have lived there for the past 10-12 years.

Ryan McIntosh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just spent two days in Eastern AZ. I visited the Aravaipa Canyon and man, it is out of this world! To get there take 60 East, go through Globe-Miami then go towards Safford. Once in Safford you can take 191 South to 266 towards Bonita and Klondyke, both ghost towns. When arriving at Klondyke you will see a deserted General Store (for sale) and then the BLM Bureau lies just ahead. To get to the Canyon you need a BLM permit (shh... I went in anyway, they rarely check) and keep on going. Soon you will come to a stream which you will cross, if you have 4x4 wheels. Keep going until you arrive at the Aravaipa Canyon. I'm going to make a trip in October/November, when foliage is maxed out, shoot some 6x6 and a 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about photo essay: the life of the pizzaiola (I think that's how you spell the guy who makes pizza). Focus on Grimaldi's, Pizza Bianco, and any other high-end coal/wood-fired pizza place. Eat while shooting; watch waist-line expand dramatically!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drive to the end of your driveway, and then hike back into the air-conditioned house and do table-top?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd vote for either going towards Prescott or Apache Junction which are both easy day trips if you wish. For an overnighter, Prescott to Sedona thru Jerome and back. Strawberry is nice once back into the hills, but probably off limits. I've gone geode hunting up there. One thing about AZ, you can go just about any direction and find interesting things to shoot. For 2 to 3 days I'd personally head to the GC and stop in Sedona.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh yes... Another one would be Canyon De Chelly in Northern Arizona. I like it better than the GC for photographic ops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin