Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,705   Online: 913

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson
    In Amarillo, it's the "Big Texan" with the 72 oz steak and those of us who have lived there, laugh at the tourists who stop there. There are fine restaurants there and a surprising little canyon called Palo Duro canyon just 20 miles away. Used to be the hide-out of outlaws. Anyone who dismissed Texas as a whole has never been to Texas.
    SSshhhhhhh! Someone might hear you.

Lee

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It's not the location, it's the light! I hate sunlight. Give me soft overcast anytime!
    Scott

www.scotthime.com
    www.himephotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by S Hime
    It's not the location, it's the light! I hate sunlight. Give me soft overcast anytime!
    Pssssst...Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada...known in all of BC as the city with the least sunshine.

Murray

PS Hope you like rain
    Last edited by MurrayMinchin; 08-02-2005 at 06:53 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelt Rupert Wrong...D'Oh!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I would love to go to Texas...and eat some huge steaks with chili beans...I love Texan food.
    Did you know that they put Barbeque Sauce on their eggs?!!! (i.e. Everything!)
    Spent a week in Austin once. Had a pretty good time....ate at a great rib joint; they had to roll me out in a wheel barrow! Also ate at a restaurant that seemed like it was 500 feet over a lake/reservoir...really cool view. Alas, it was all before I rediscovered photography...

Hotter than Hades, too...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Where does a vegetarian go in Texas?
    First to the pasture or feedlot, then to steak houses.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i lived in texas for 20 yrs, never heard of anyone putting bbq sauce on eggs before....what a waste of eggs. just sausage or bacon for me, with a side of hash browns an 2 slices of buttered wheat toast. as far as least favorite place, thats easy...odessa,texas...depressin town. i think i actually saw tumbleweeds go through threre..haha. hope i never have to go there again...geez.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You want depressing towns, try just about anywhere in the industrial belt of Pennsylvania. Altoona is a prime example. Great if you want to channel the spirit of Jacob Riis, and document an entire city on the down-and-outs. Worse, some of the smaller towns that sprang into existence for the purpose of supporting a specific industrial site, like a small coal mine or iron foundry, and withered when the industry went belly-up. I'd say Altoona is a boil on the industrial sphincter of Pennsylvania, but at least it sees daylight. Tyrone, on the other hand, is fifteen miles up it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    SSshhhhhhh! Someone might hear you.

Lee
    I've been to both those places myself.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Where does a vegetarian go in Texas?
    California

my least fave location is the suburbs and anywhere with little brats running around with their parents who don't control them or bother to entertain them properly. a royal pain trying to set up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Behind th eight ball.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin