Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,476   Online: 1243

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

South San Francisco Bay: Framing Recommendations?

I've been sorting out some framing for exhibition and the recent Lenswork podcast reinforced the notion that I really ought to let someone do this who is good at it -- not me.

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations around the South Bay, before I just go off to wherever?

tia,
    KB

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry, I don't have a recommendation for you. However, I would suggest using a framer that uses the Nielsen & Bainbridge Artcare™ Archival System, it is a good standard for quality.

http://www.nielsen-bainbridge.com/Ba...echCenter.html
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    You might be able to get a recommendation out of Hankins-Koppel, the wholesale frame supply company that is located in South San Francisco (415)-952-0330, who no-doubt supplies most of the shops in the area. Calypso Imaging in Santa Clara (calypsoinc.com) also does framing for the work they print in house, with special pricing for framing entire exhibits. They stock a limited selection of mouldings, but they can custom order to suit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin