Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,743   Online: 936

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Moving to the San Francisco Bay Area...

Hey all,
    I'm planning on moving to the San Francisco Bay Area on October 19. Basically, I'm doing it as a career move and because I love the place. I have many other reasons I'm sure no one wants to hear about. The main reason I've stayed in Rhode Island for so long are my dear friends. I will miss them, but I need to move on for my own benefit.

Here's the thing: I want to make new friends in the Bay Area and I figured "what better way than through APUG?" At least I'll have something in common with everyone I meet here... film!

Anyone feel like corresponding before the big move happens, feel free to email or PM me.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    Hey all,
    I have many other reasons I'm sure no one wants to hear about.
    I am sure they are the same reasons I'd like to live in the area.... Good luck on the move. The next time I visit, I hope we can get a GTG planned.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You are also leaving a lovely place I attended last year Music Educators National Convention in Providence R.I.

Well I live in Las Vegas and we are a suburb of San Fran and L. A. and San Diego, also Tonopah Nevada, so welcome welcome to the wild west.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am a bit curious as to why you needed to wait until Aggie was gone. Hmmmm. I have a friend who is leaving tomorrow to go to the San Francisco Art Institute to study photography. I am very envious of both of you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You move in just after I move out. There is quite a community of apuggers here. In fact one camera store that supplies mostly analog materials has a manager that is an apugger. Geary (galyons) is sort of the unoffical host of the area. No matter which part of the bay area you live in, you will find an apugger within a few miles. I would strongly suggest staying in the East Bay. or the South bay as the prices may be a bit cheaper, and the traffic not as big a mess as San Francisco proper. There is a good bart line that goes into the east bay, and in the future the bart is to be extended down to San Jose.
    Non Digital Diva

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i live in san francisco. im moving next week but will still be in the city limits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    You move in just after I move out. There is quite a community of apuggers here. In fact one camera store that supplies mostly analog materials has a manager that is an apugger. Geary (galyons) is sort of the unoffical host of the area. No matter which part of the bay area you live in, you will find an apugger within a few miles. I would strongly suggest staying in the East Bay. or the South bay as the prices may be a bit cheaper, and the traffic not as big a mess as San Francisco proper. There is a good bart line that goes into the east bay, and in the future the bart is to be extended down to San Jose.
    What is the name of that camera store? When I was in SF a few weeks ago I went to Calumet for all my film. Man, those people working there are harsh. It seems like if you're not there to buy a Hasselblad H1 then you're nobody.

I'm staying in San Mateo for a few months and, unless I find a more suitable place, I'm probably going to get an apartment in that area. That's considered the South Bay, right? Traffic? You haven't been to Boston lately, have you? What a freakin' mess!

Sorry to see you go. Why are you leaving SF?
    Ara

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    San Mateo is considered the Peninsula. South bay is about Mountain view and south (roughly - some consider it to be Sunnyvale and south).

I live in Redwood City and work at Stanford, so I'm not more than 20 minutes or so from where you'll be. Feel free to holla at me, even though I'm not a very veteran apugger. I like me some photography, though.

allan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think a lot of us in the East Bay use Looking Glass (http://www.lookingglassphoto.com) for materials. Their stock is good and they are open seven days a week. They are in walking distance of my office in Berkeley, too 8-) If you are on the Peninsula, Keeble & Schuchat in Palo Alto is another option.

I expect you know about property prices around here?
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamp
    I expect you know about property prices around here?
    Property prices is the reason I stayed away for so long. I finally just said screw it, you only live once.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin