Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,488   Online: 978

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear. They don't enhance security, except maybe in some people's minds.

If they did it would still be too high a price to pay.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    If in fact the information contained in the article is correct and truthful, I would suspect she indeed has a good case,
    That's right, assuming the article is correct and truthful. It only presents one side of the story. Rushing to judgement that this is a huge violation of the 4th Ammendment is premature. Did she do something to provoke the officer or provoke the incident?

I'm not sure why photographers and journalists are always presumed to be so saintly.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Because when government and police assume that someone making wrong doings we get results like in London when police killed innocent Brasillian man assuming he is terrorist...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    Did she do something to provoke the officer or provoke the incident?
    The officer himself said that she did not -- that he did not suspect her of commiting any crime. Which was the point of the original article, and why the police dropped charges after arresting her for... nothing.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear. They don't enhance security, except maybe in some people's minds.

If they did it would still be too high a price to pay.
    Agreed, as a nation we are in the grip of paranoia. There are some places in the country that warrant extra security, and other areas that don't; it shouldn't be at the expense of the destruction of our personal liberty.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert,
    You'll be voting Democrat before I'm done.

Shooter
    Large Format

I'm not sure why photographers and journalists are always presumed to be so saintly.

I don't understand why those proponants of the wasteful boondagle that we call the Department of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act continually feel that it is the citizens who are in error.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well in Ireland anyway people are presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

This harrassment of photography is just too stupid for words, I mean any terrorist will have Google Earth or something not a LF camera. I have to say I'd be very nervous as a tourist over there and so have no plans to return, much as I did like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I haven't photographed in the US in over 6yrs but the idea of being suspected of something when photographing is bizarre. In NZ everyone stops and chats to me and looks at the Dorff in awe, maybe NZ's time will come too and instead of people thinking "isn't that neat" they'll think "what is that guy up to?"..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    its the same in Ireland, Sean.
    A police patrol car reversed back to where I had my tripod/camera once and the cop asked me for advice on what camera to buy for his wife.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin