Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,032   Online: 796

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    It happens in other states as well. What was it two years ago we had the story of the kid in Seattle going through this same thing?
    Aggie, are you talking about the guy who was arrested because his finger prints showed up on evidence seized in a terrorist training center? If so, that guy was originally from Kansas and one of his relatives was my high school art teacher. He is an attorney living in Seattle and is known for working with the very Far Left. The evidence he was arrested for was pretty strong and compelling at first but it was refuted after a couple weeks of intense investigation and he was cleared. However, given his political leanings and being an attorney, he filed a wrongful imprisonment suit which hasn't gone anywhere yet that I have heard of. Bottom line is that the system works.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No Alex, it was the kid who was taking pictures of the Ballard Locks for a college photography assignment. It is in the archieves here at apug somewhere.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    No Alex, it was the kid who was taking pictures of the Ballard Locks for a college photography assignment. It is in the archieves here at apug somewhere.
    Another wrong guy who was arrested in Seattle. :rolleyes:
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I grew up in Warsaw, Poland. Moved to Canada in 1986. One thing I recall were the multidtude of "Cameras Forbidden" and "No Photography" signs at airports, etc... It was a big joke in Poland - everyone chuckled at the notion that NATO would be gathering intelligence from photos of my aunt stepping out of an airplane...We were pretty good at laughing at our government back then.

Lets remember one thing: all the tyrannical dictatorships, every single power mad one of them started the same way: in the name of greater good.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    As to the claim of her losing her job, again we do not know if this was part of it, or was she one that had been causing trouble prior to this. Seeing as how she has had other problems, the company may have been fed up with it all, or it may have been something completely unrelated to these incidents. We don't know. We are only hearing her claims, and not the rebuttal. Yes I did read the inital article.
    My guess is that her employment was NOT large format, and that this incident offered proof she was doing personal work on company time, or at least using company resources (the van) impermissibly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phfitz
    Hi there,

I have to agree with Aggie, no one knows half of 1 side of this story let alone the whole of both sides. Both were idiots but the cop acting in the offical capacity of an 'officer of the court' completely changes the complexion of his actions.

Let's watch and see.
    To be picayune, police are not officers of the court, lawyers are (But I understood your intent). Police belong to the executive branch but are checked by the judiciary and the legislature. Where you get a cross over of sorts is with the Prosecutor/District Attorney; who is a lawyer (officer of the court) and the head law enforcement (executive branch) officer of the jurisdiction.

We probably won't hear the other side to the story until this gets into court. Police agencies have a general policy not to comment on litigation, which I'm sure was filed an hour after she left the officer's company. By the time it gets to court, the media will no longer be interested...

The SSN issue is a VERY new one. Only since HIPPA have people/agencies been restricted from using/asking for SSNs as identifiers. I believe that the police and courts (government) still use them, private agencies cannot.

I agree that there is WAY more than meets the eye here. If she lost her job there, most likely, are other factors involved. Rather than gathering the mob and marching on Frankenstein's castle, we're probably better off waiting to see how this one shakes out...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi,

She's only suing the cops, has yet to find out legal rights w/ FBI/DHS getting her fired.
    Only so much energy, what should she do?? Should she just sue everyone who has wronged her in both instances? Would it be for the betterment of all?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanya
    Hi,

She's only suing the cops, has yet to find out legal rights w/ FBI/DHS getting her fired.
    Only so much energy, what should she do?? Should she just sue everyone who has wronged her in both instances? Would it be for the betterment of all?
    If she had a attorney representing her to sue the policeman, he would also be suing the people who fired her and the FBI et al. If it truely was one prompted the other it would be all concerned not just one. Something is not ringing true on this.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    http://www.brownequalsterrorist.com/
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Aggie,

What could not ring true? The arrest, by police, happened last Nov.4, 2004, The papers had already been filed by the time she was interrogated by the 6 FBI & DHS agents. The same attorney doesn't and can't often take on the same cases. Plus, they got her fired, yes, by calling and SHOWING UP at the main East Coast offices. But, though slander and lies are obvious on their part, there is no legal........let's say, "recorded" evidence that can be presented in court.

Bottom line, yes the papers only tell less than half the story- if you knew what REALLY happened in ,both cases, you would be really pissed. Unless, of course you just like to ACT and that's why you would not believe that this happens all the time in the US (esp. Utah and other states).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin