Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,979   Online: 923

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi George

Its 132 SFR per night and the cheapest I found in the city of Bern. Here the link:
    http://www.octopustravel.com/Home.js...lech&dest=CBRN
    Hope it helps!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The link does not work sorry!
    Here the adress of the Hotel:
    ARABELLE
    MITTELSTRASSE 6
    CH-3012 BERN
    SWITZERLAND phone: 0041+313010305
    Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi just found also the web adress the hotel lucks nice and almost new!
    http://www.arabelle.ch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    As for Liechtenstein, I have never been there and am curious to see what it looks like, so I want to spend a night there on my way to Vienna...
    Do you have an extra 30 minutes to spare? Because that is about how long it will take to walk the length of the main town area there. It is basically Switzerland, in all but name. Go north a bit further to Lindau, Germany - that is a wonderful town, very photogenic downtown area (it is an island actually). Much prettier than Liechtenstein.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    John, thank you so much for the tip. The Arabelle is what I was looking for. Decent and affordable. If you want to take a stroll in Bern and look at the new Renzo Piano building (I guess you have already done this), we'll be there on Saturday 9-24.

You other guys, why are you so hard on the poor Liechtensteinians ? It's not their fault they have a small country... I know it's so small and unimportant (although they keep in their banks a big part of the savings of European citizens) but that is exactly what I find interesting about it... And on the other hand, the Liechtensteiner Polka is the best you can find... And they have a Grand Duke... (a grand duke is what you get if you cross a grand piano with duke ellington).
    Last edited by George Papantoniou; 09-14-2005 at 06:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi George

The most beautifull city in Switzerland is Luzern in english the call it Lucerne it is in the heart of Swiss on the very beautyfull Vierwaldstättersee.
    This is not only my opinion it is the yearly statistic in which Lucerne get and got the most votes from the swiss people!
    But I don't want to tell you that you should do like the Japanise people the make Switzerland in 3 days starting in Zürich at the Bahnhofstreet and then coming to Luzern and up to the Pilatus mountain of Luzern then go Berneroberland for Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau the mountains of Berneroberland, then going to Zermatt and all this and sometimes even a bit more in 3 days! And I always like to see them flashing in the dark against Matterhorn with some little pixelhorses!
    Have a nice trip!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You're right John, this time I'll have no time to visit Luzern or any other Swiss interesting town. I surely am going to do this in another trip, when there will be more time (and money) available. I have never been to Zermatt and Luzern, I have though visited Zurich, Geneva, Lugano and St Moritz in the past. I also plan sometime to take the elevator up the Aiguille du Midi, but that's in French territory, no ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin