Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,888   Online: 1014

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Moon, sun, Yosemite align for Adams photo

From MSNBC.com "YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. - Astronomers have pinned down the exact time and date that renowned photographer Ansel Adams snapped his ethereal picture, "Autumn Moon," and have determined that the sun, moon and mountains will align in the same positions on Thursday."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9313431/
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's very cool! I wonder if it was the same science as the National Geographic article regarding William Perry? They found a bunch of glass plates, they processed them and figured out, by the shadows and some type of science, EXACTLY where he was. I think the article stated that he didn't really quite reach the pole but was very close. The article was about 15years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting. I wonder how many people will be showing up there in an attempt to copy the work? I'm guessing that the atmospheric conditions won't be the same as in 1948...If I were in the area at the time, I might go, but just to raise a glass at the appointed hour.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin