Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,346   Online: 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colivet
    Yes, I know well because I grew up in Argentina where Christmas are snowless.
    Really!! I've always wanted to visit that part of the world. I guess the next time I'm on Maui I will have to look you up.

BTW, it looks like we are in for a nasty storm this weekend. Hurricane Jova is supposed to get close to the Big Island by Friday. Button up over there!!
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format

Color Film

Anyone shoot transparencies in overcast winter weather? If so what film do you use? Colivet-any photo suggestions in the immediate Ushuaia area?

Thanks to all who responded.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by trhull
    Anyone shoot transparencies in overcast winter weather? If so what film do you use? Colivet-any photo suggestions in the immediate Ushuaia area?

Thanks to all who responded.
    Well, saturated films like Fuji Velvia 50 will bring more intense colors in overcast days. I don't shoot much color but my intuition tells me that is a good combo. The only problem is that low ASA on a very overcast day may require a tripod.
    There is a national park at the bottom of the island of Tierra del Fuego, sorry can't remember the name but it is quite interesting. The city of Ushuaia is quite photogenic too. I have only been there for a day so I did not do a lot of shooting but I know you'll feel compelled to make photographs. The city which is very small has an end of the world feeling to it.

Have a great trip.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by trhull
    In January I will be taking a ten day trip from Ushuaia, Argentina, and wonder if any Apugers can help me prepare. My interest is more in B&W to date, but wonder if this isn't really more of a color trip. I understand the exposure problem on bright white subjects in B&W , but am more interested in color balance, types of film, and any other advice is welcome. Thank you.
    Well, it's been a while and you should be back by now. I am interested in hearing your experience in Antarctica and how it went with your shooting.

Christian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin