Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,590   Online: 925

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

UK Autumn Colour resource

For those who like to capture autumn colour in the UK there a handy resource provided by the Forestry Commission.

At http://www.forestry.gov.uk/ you'll find a link to a map of the UK showing what colour stage each forest has reached. It's updated frequently and is more than slightly useful in timing photo trips.

Thought I'd pass it along.

All the best,

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Frank

Very helpful- now bookmarked.

Today everything looks grey and dank. Officially the New Forest is going yellow, which is about right - Light is looking good for Thurs and Fri.

If anyone wants a more hands on approach for determining colours in the New Forest, please PM me. This year I aim to be less laid back about shooting trees in Autumn colours than previously!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I caught a tip from a photo mag a while back (I think it was from Lee Frost) - for shooting in forests (including autumn colour), overcast conditions are actually sometimes better, reducing contrast to levels manageable by transparency emulsions. His advice was load up with Velvia, stick a polariser in front of the lens, pack a tripod and give it a go.

Obviously if you're looking for sunlight filtering through the leaves then disregard the above!

Apologies if I'm teaching my grandma to suck eggs!

All the best,

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin