Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,859   Posts: 1,583,123   Online: 894

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG Regional Focus Groups...

Umm... seeing the interest in the Age/sex/location thread maybe this will get a little response. I noticed that the regional focus groups here have incredible detail in the US and understandably the South Seas area... but Europe is entirely ignored (UK is NOT part of Europe - unashamedly stirring the pot to garner replies).

I know we have a Norwegian or two, and a Dane or three, and one Dutch guy with Rodinal issues... but how many Europeans are there out here? If we're so few, which I doubt, I can understand why there isn't a regional focus group for nous... but I suspect there's alot more Olde Kontinent types if you turn over a rock or two.

Or are there?
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I’m pleased that you acknowledge the uniqueness of the English race.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes...unique - although that's maybe not the first adjective one could use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want a regional group forum for your area you just need to ask Sean to create one for you. It's up to you to generate any activity thereafter.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Niko,

Please know that you'll be welcome at any of our UK Gatherings. Just remember to bring some delicious food, fine wines, stylish and beautiful women, etc. and we'll contribute... erm... that is to say... erm...

<Psst! Dave! Help me out here!>

All the best,

Frank

P.S. - A Ferrari wouldn't go amiss, either...
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I thought you were going to suggest steak-and-kidney pie...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    P.S. - A Ferrari wouldn't go amiss, either...
    Surely that would require that you learn to drive with the wheel on the proper side of the car... AND on the right side of the road!

Thanks for the invite, although I hope it's meant more than the usual english "We must do lunch" 'cause I might take you up on it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    Surely that would require that you learn to drive with the wheel on the proper side of the car... AND on the right side of the road!
    I don't think that would be the problem. I think getting used to the Italian-style mirrors (full-length so you can make sure your suit isn't creased) would be more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    Thanks for the invite, although I hope it's meant more than the usual english "We must do lunch" 'cause I might take you up on it.
    I think that saying comes from the other side of the pond. You certainly won't hear it said up north!

The (rather long) thread for the next UK Gathering is here it's on the weekend of 22/23 April here and we'd love to have you join us.

The same applies to any stray Vikings that might be listening!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Struan" is a viking word.

You lot are hopeless. The perfect opportunity for a group of northern APUGgers to descend on the hapless Nico and drink his cellar dry, and instead you're all inviting him to come the other way for a weekend of gloomy fog and warm bitter.

Villa Saraceno, or The Glum Bastard Inn, Grimholme? Tough choice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray
    "Struan" is a viking word.
    Ah, indeed. Those would be the same Vikings that left the cold North in their hundreds of thousands to live in Britain (and Greenland, Siberia etc and crossed the Atlantic in open boats)? Tsk, Tsk, your ancestors must be spinning in their long barrows at such pining for the soft life down south...

I do feel obliged make the point that you will not hear "we must do lunch" down south either Frank. The only difference is that while the guys ooop north would (quite reasonably, I think) take a flamethrower to whoever made such a suggestion, down here we just restrict ourselves to a distainful look (we're good at those)... Sorry Niko, you got the wrong continent...

Cheers, Bob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin