Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,370   Online: 872

Thread: NE Missouri

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

NE Missouri

Anyone else up here in NE Missouri? I'm in Kirksville and feel like I'm in the land of digital. Are there any LF ers around here? I could sure use some company...

Cheers,
    Richard

Images
    Good Morning, Richard,

I'm not in your vicinity, but welcome from across the river in SW Illinois, near St. Louis.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not anymore. I have family in Greentop and dated a girl in Kirksville, but I'm in Minneapolis now. I traded cows for snow. =)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not in NW Mo, but not too far away, I guess (Kansas City)...... Not a LF'er either but I feel ya... The land of digital seems to travel pretty far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard,
    I'm in N.W. MO, although I occasionally visit in-laws in your area. They comprise the other half of the Greentop population that are not part of zenrhino's family.

I think if LF was as popular as digital, it probably wouldn't have nearly the appeal to us.

I'd love to see more of Kirksville on your website.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I live near Chillicothe, but haven't been to Kirksville for many years. You have some scenic country up there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kirksville! For a little town in the middle of no where it has some great places to eat (if they are still there?) Minn's Tea Room, 1000 State Park Lodge - If still operated by Steve "Bubba" Kolb, The Wooden Nickel, Too Tall's 2, Bogies and Western's Meat Market.
    I haven't been back there since 1998, but still have lots of great friends.
    Sunny Roller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bogies is gone. A friend of mine has a dog massage parlor (ok, ok, grooming salon) in there now. Too Talls is now known as 'Too Talls - The Inferno' after burning down multiple times under suspicious circumstances. It reopened a few months ago under the new name... The police said publicaly that the only suspect is the former mayor of Kirksville, but they never arrested anyone as far as I know. Westerns is going strong as is Il Spazio!

Cheers,
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Richard-
    Does Paul at TP's Office still dress up and do the Elvis thing on big weekends? You have really got me stirring up old memories :-)

Thanks,
    Sunny

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm afraid I don't know anything about that but I've never heard of it. From the looks of the town, I'd say a lot of places have come and gone in the past decade or so.

Cheers, Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin