Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,004   Online: 765

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Iceland Anyone?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bill,
    please keep me posted on this as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.boboconnor.net/iceland.html

These are some of the best photos from Iceland that I have seen (probably not the same subject matter as a lot of apugers are looking for). He was in this year's PDN top 30, too. I saw his work in person in Boston a few weeks ago and really liked it a lot.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Nice, but none of the images are in color.
    there are tons of icelandic color images. but black-and-white is very rare. i think color photography in iceland is much easier.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone
    http://www.boboconnor.net/iceland.html

These are some of the best photos from Iceland that I have seen (probably not the same subject matter as a lot of apugers are looking for). He was in this year's PDN top 30, too. I saw his work in person in Boston a few weeks ago and really liked it a lot.
    -Grant
    what's so outstanding on those? plenty of those images are around. IMO

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi
    what's so outstanding on those? plenty of those images are around. IMO
    I happen to think they're really nice. I like how the colors pop against the grey skies. In his interview in the PDN top 30 issue he said "I like to make extraordinary photos of ordiniary places." I think he did a good job of this.

I don't really understand what your point is when you say "color photography in Iceland is much easier." That kind of goes back to the old, worn-out argument about is a photograph better because it was harder to get the shot, harder to make it look nice, harder to..., etc.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I´m currently in Iceland at the moment assisting Michael Smith and Paula Chamlee. Iceland is an absolutly beautiful country, and everywhere I turn there is fantastic images to be made! I looked at the images posted above and they do not do justice to Iceland´s beauty. Sorry to say, they are some very poor images of some amazing places.

We have only photographed around the bottom of Iceland and will be traveling North later this week. Michael and Paula´s workshop also starts in 2 more days.

This is a country where a photographer (black and white or color) could spend a lifetime photographing and never get bored. I plan to come back here within the next few years again.

I will be sharing my new images with everyone on my site and on APUG when I return in late August.

All the best,

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Here are some of Eliot Porter's Iceland photos.

http://www.cartermuseum.org/collecti...cat=20&pagen=1
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulH
    Here are some of Eliot Porter's Iceland photos.

http://www.cartermuseum.org/collecti...cat=20&pagen=1
    I really like this one:

http://www.billschwab.com/archive/ga...foss_2003.html

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Eliot Porter´s Iceland images are very beautiful photographs. Very realistic color and beautiful form.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McIntosh
    I will be sharing my new images with everyone on my site and on APUG when I return in late August.

All the best,

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net
    Hi Ryan,

I hope you shot some color. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing your work - I've always enjoyed your photographic vision.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin