Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,528   Posts: 1,572,423   Online: 1164

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Iceland Anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Iceland Anyone?

Hello All,

I have long been planning to put together a tour(s) to Iceland and was recently prodded by a very good photographer friend of mine (Lance Keimig) who does such tours currently to Scotland and Ireland. We have both had interest expressed by several shooters to do such a trip and now it looks as if we will do something in the coming year.

My question is are any of you APUGgers interested in such an adventure?

My plan would be to take you to some of my favorite places as well as find a few new ones together where you can be turned loose to do your thing. It wouldn't be much of a workshop type of thing, but we will both be on-hand to help in whatever way we can.

Many of you don't need me to tell you what an incredible place Iceland is to simply visit let alone photograph. It is a magical landscape. However, getting around, finding places to stay and eat in the more remote areas can be difficult and time consuming. The plan is to take that worry away from you and leave your time for shooting. One drawback can be the expense as well. Iceland is one of the more expensive places you'll visit due to everything having to be imported. As a group, costs can be kept down as well, although I am estimating that it will cost in the area of $2000.00 per person. You will also be responsible for getting yourself to the jump-off point in the states. Iceland Air leaves from Boston, Baltimore, Minneapolis and Orlando. Minneapolis is the easiest and will most likely be our gathering point before leaving. Anyone meeting us from overseas can be worked-out as well, but you will need to get yourself to Keflavik Airport outside Reykjavik. Travel from Europe will be less and your package price will reflect this.

If interested, PM me and I will put you on the list to be notified of developments as they arise.

Thanks for your time,

Bill Schwab

Shooter
    Medium Format

Iceland

Michael and Paula are leading an Iceland expedition early next spring, I beleive.

www.michaelandpaula.com

good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by herb
    Michael and Paula are leading an Iceland expedition early next spring, I beleive.
    Thanks... I checked their deal... $4,250!!! I can pretty much guarantee we can go as a group for much cheaper.

It's a great place... that is for certain. Spring there is great too, and we might try for then, but I like the late summer/early autumn personally as several of my favorite spots are closed in Spring due to nesting Puffins and such.

Thanks for the info,

Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm in!

Oh crap...hang on a second...I've squandered all my holiday leave from work...

What you're offering here is a great deal, and I hope some APUG'ers take you up on it. When traveling to a place as far off the beaten track as Iceland, having someone with local knowledge can make or break a trip. Knowing up-front that you neither will, nor expect to be paid for coddling me makes it even more tempting!

Murray

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Could be fun...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    Knowing up-front that you neither will, nor expect to be paid for coddling me makes it even more tempting!
    No coddling, print reviews or sales pitches, just some serious scouting and photography.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is this "project" still alive? If so, are there already dates?
    Thanks m.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi
    Is this "project" still alive? If so, are there already dates?
    Thanks m.
    Sorry M. When we found it would cost well over $4,000.00 per person, we put it on hold. I would still like to do this, but more creative planning will have to be done to make it affordable for a group. I am hoping to offer the trip sometime in the next year through the workshops and tour schedule I am working on.... www.northlightworkshops.com

Bill

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I would have interest in it Bill.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have some great interest, too!!
    Please count me in.
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin