Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,095   Online: 1233

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For those interested, I've made a highlights DVD from our Grampians get-together, approximately three minutes in length. It's not world-class quality, and is made from only about five minutes of raw footage. Graeme and chiller feature prominently. I can copy it for those who would like it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    Apollo Bay has great waterfalls close by, tree ferns, rivers, ocean rocks / sunsets. Great tourist info . good for maps , accommodation advice / bookings
    Cheers BarrieB. Melb.
    I'll second that recommendation and add that there are some very nice B&B's to stay in and the Otways are close by.
    I'd always jump at a chance to travel that way again, so count me in to any get-together.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to see you all had some fun with the meet-up.

We had 45 degrees here NYD and it was very unpleasant stepping outside of the airconditioned lounge room. It was still 39 degrees at 10 pm, just before the south-easter blew in.

I would have loved to go but my wedding anniversary is Jan 1, so although my wife said "of course you can go" I am getting wiser as I age and I suspected this would not be the smartest way to spend NYD.

And then I got sent to China unexpectedly just after getting back to work, so it's probably just as well I stayed here in Syd. Now back here until Friday when I head to New York for a week, then back here two days, then Singapore for a week... Tiring just thinking about it. Hopefully my last trip until Q2.

Keeping putting get-togethers together; I will get there one day

And now my wife's parents have relocated to NZ, just north of Wellington to spend their final years and we have to visit them this year some time, so maybe I'll have a chance to meet up with some NZ apuggers.

Oh yeah, and today I accepted my uni offer, going back to study again after 12 years. Scary.

Nothing like being busy...

Regards
    Glenn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm sure Robert meant to say Port Campbell (rather than Portland). Port Campbell is close to the Great Ocean Road - Portland is, shall we say, on "the scenic route" .....

Lavers Hill would be a good place to use as a base - within striking distance of the best that the road has to offer, plus some excellent waterfall country inland from the coast.

Got my shots back from the get-together and will be posting during the coming week.

Sorry nothing eventuated on the 16th - I would have been in that if I had known (no computer .....)

Good luck with the studies Glenn - see you in a couple of years when you surface for air!

Kevin, let me know the cost of materials and postage and I'll send you some money for a DVD - You say I feature in it? What's my cut of the profits? When do we offer the rights to the feature length movie?

Cheers,
    Graeme
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Graeme,

Welcome back.
    Actually, I did mean Portland. Yes, Port Campbell is much closer, but it is a small town, and not much in the way of acccomdations - although, it is just a short drive to whatever is left of the 12 apostles. Portland has a great set of limestone cliffs and a lighthouse just begging to be explored, and photographed.

Lavers Hill, is also a good place, though there doesn't seem to be much in the way of accomodations. I heard about the bakery there, quite well-known; but, was closed when I went through there, wound up having a pie and sauce at the local petrol station. Had a great converstion with the owner though.

Looking forward to seeing some of your images from the trip,

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    I'm sure Robert meant to say Port Campbell (rather than Portland). Port Campbell is close to the Great Ocean Road - Portland is, shall we say, on "the scenic route" .....

Lavers Hill would be a good place to use as a base - within striking distance of the best that the road has to offer, plus some excellent waterfall country inland from the coast.

Got my shots back from the get-together and will be posting during the coming week.

Sorry nothing eventuated on the 16th - I would have been in that if I had known (no computer .....)

Good luck with the studies Glenn - see you in a couple of years when you surface for air!

Kevin, let me know the cost of materials and postage and I'll send you some money for a DVD - You say I feature in it? What's my cut of the profits? When do we offer the rights to the feature length movie?

Cheers,
    Graeme
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird

I thought Robert may have meant Port Campbell, too. Portland is a looong way from the 12 Apostles. I agree about Lavers Hill. There are several B&Bs around there.

There didn't seem to be massive interest in getting together on the 16th, so it didn't happen.

Graeme, PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of the DVD. The blank mini-DVDs are only about eight bucks.
    I'm happy to split the profits with you, but I'm not too confident of a major deal.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You guys have no sense of adventure.... There is a lot to see and photograph between Portland, on through Port Fairy to Port Campbell and the 12 Apostles. Stop and visit the wreck of the Loch Ard west of Port Campbell. No sense of adventure .....
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    You guys have no sense of adventure.... There is a lot to see and photograph between Portland, on through Port Fairy to Port Campbell and the 12 Apostles. Stop and visit the wreck of the Loch Ard west of Port Campbell. No sense of adventure .....
    I think we do have a sense of adventure. For me at least, it's usually a case of doing what I can with the limited time available. I love Portland and Warrnambool and that whole area. It's just that when I do want to spend time near the 12 Apostles, I usually don't have very much time to play with.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    I think we do have a sense of adventure. For me at least, it's usually a case of doing what I can with the limited time available. I love Portland and Warrnambool and that whole area. It's just that when I do want to spend time near the 12 Apostles, I usually don't have very much time to play with.
    Ok, I promise to quit giving you guys a hard time...
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi All,

I originally was planning a leasurely drive down, spend a day or so in the area and have a leasurely drive back up to Sydney.

After checking out all the suggestions here I think I will plan a quick trip along the Murray and a week or so in the area with a 2 or 3 day trip back up the highway to Sydney (with lots of photo stops on the way).

I will post some of my shots after I get back.
    [FONT=Ariel]Brendan F Sforcina[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Magpie: adj, of or like a magpie; characterized by the habit of hoarding ascribed to magpies.[/FONT]

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin