Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,733   Online: 889

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yeah, I think I'll become a pixelographer. I want to join the throngs beating a path to digital nirvana. The majority just can't be wrong. I was wasting my time with big negatives, tonality, detail, prints that last, technique, etc. It isn't the process that counts, only the end result - a digital fine print (is that an oxymoron?). Yeah, destiny appeared yesterday in the form of a digital snapper. Anyone want my 20x24 that is landing in Melbourne on Monday? I've seen the light and it's pixelated.

Digital is the new cane toad .... Good one Graeme!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Let me be the first to put my hand up for that redundant 20x24. And that decrepit piece of junk you make your 8x20 shots with.

BTW, you must keep the "road-kill" so you can share the big prints with us here in the world of the internet. Just pixelgraph your prints and post for us to see (there are no affordable scanners that big anyway).

I hope we'll get a sighting of the new toy in January?
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    ... a digital fine print (is that an oxymoron?)
    no idea about the 'fine' part, but according to most adverts at the moment you can turn your 'digital pictures' into 'real photos' by printing on 'real photographic paper'

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    no idea about the 'fine' part, but according to most adverts at the moment you can turn your 'digital pictures' into 'real photos' by printing on 'real photographic paper'
    Is that at the real photography store called Harvey Norman? That sounds like an admission by the marketing gurus that digital pictures are not real photographs, unless of course, they are printed to be so. They must be picking up a trend from customer surveys which show people aren't thinking of their digital cameras as "real cameras" and they are cashing in on that perception.

Back on topic: so, is the 2nd of January a definite? I'm voting for that day. Location is unimportant at this stage for me.
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm fine for the 2nd. What are the popular choices for venue? Cityish is probably easiest for most?
    Were you planning on more sunrise photos, Graeme? Or is that too difficult now that you're nearly 40?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The 2nd works for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    Were you planning on more sunrise photos, Graeme? Or is that too difficult now that you're nearly 40?
    jumping the fence might be!

I might be half a chance for the 2nd... depending on when I get back into town.

P.S. David, what was the outcome of the carpark driveway piccy you took that day?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    P.S. David, what was the outcome of the carpark driveway piccy you took that day?
    I'll bring a print when we meet. I've never printed it up well but will. Thanks for asking. The exhibition has gone well with 9 prints selling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Kevin Caulfield]I'm fine for the 2nd. January. What are the popular choices for venue? Cityish is probably easiest for most? ( Quote )

Sorry to come in late on this :- I could make this gathering I think.
    City or Country , Early mornings no troubles.
    Barrie Bunning. ( recently attended David`s Exhibition & Workshop )

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not going to lower myself to respond to petty jibes about my approaching elderly citizen status. I'm up for sunrise if you young 'uns can hack it.

I prefer a more rural setting - one with some good scenery and a bakery and/or pub. I'd love the Grampians so that all the SA APUGgers can get there, but closer to Melbourne might be better for all others. I found quite a lot to photograph near Warburton (sp?) when I went to meet up with David last year. Upper Yarra is under photographed.

How about Ballarat? (Sovereign Hill would be excellent with LF and ULF gear!) Hanging Rock? (day after race day ...) Dandenongs? Mornington Penninsula? Balarine Peninsula? Melbourne's Botanic Gardens?

So many photo opportunities at your back door!

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin