Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,404   Online: 983

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    C'mon, Graeme, you have the nickel smelter, the super pit and the two-up school all at your back door.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to forget that bordello, I helped pay for, well over 30 years ago!

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    How about Ballarat? (Sovereign Hill would be excellent with LF and ULF gear!) Hanging Rock? (day after race day ...) Dandenongs? Mornington Penninsula? Balarine Peninsula? Melbourne's Botanic Gardens?
    I wish that I could join you all, but I would probably lose my job if I took one more holiday.

I'm surprised no one had mentioned up along the Murray. I know it may be a bit far, but there is a stunning park along the banks of the Murray in Echucha, which has acres and acres of gum trees, and lots of birdlife. Great for both morning (sunrise) and afternoon (sunset) shots. The old town has some fine old buildings, including the oldest brothel in Victoria, and some of the finest paddle-wheel steamboats outside the Mississippi. The best bakery in Victoria has a shop in Echucha as well; the Beechworth Bakery. Lots of good accomodations.

BTW, Sovereign Hill is fun, but expensive and if you setup LF or ULF gear you are going to have to deal with the tourists in the way.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    C'mon, Graeme, you have the nickel smelter, the super pit and the two-up school all at your back door.
    Damn, you know - you're right! Trip's cancelled - enjoy your get together - I'm stayin' here to play in the dust and see if I can give my wife grounds for divorce!
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I wish that I could join you all, but I would probably lose my job if I took one more holiday. <snip>

BTW, Sovereign Hill is fun, but expensive and if you setup LF or ULF gear you are going to have to deal with the tourists in the way.
    It's only a job Robert - there are lots of them here ....

The reason I'm suggesting Sovereign Hill is because the family can have a good look around while I play with my mates and my camera. It will keep the wife happy if she gets to spend a day outside too (instead of being stuck at the parents' house with the kids and no car).

But I'm flexible: she's only a wife and there are lots of them here ....

(geez, am I in trouble if Michelle ever reads this thread!)
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The reason I'm suggesting Sovereign Hill is because the family can have a good look around while I play with my mates and my camera. It will keep the wife happy if she gets to spend a day outside too (instead of being stuck at the parents' house with the kids and no car).

I think you will be fine; I'm sure she has learned how to put up with you.

You could always razz the portrait photographer at Sovereign Hill; yes, they have one. He uses one of the real old cameras, the ones where you counted 1001, 1002, etc. to determine how long to keep the shutter open. Just show him your ULF stuff and watch everyone fall over.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan

Mick.
    Ahh! So Steve's suspicions were correct!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not going to lower myself to respond to petty jibes about my approaching elderly citizen status. I'm up for sunrise if you young 'uns can hack it.

I prefer a more rural setting - one with some good scenery and a bakery and/or pub. I'd love the Grampians so that all the SA APUGgers can get there, but closer to Melbourne might be better for all others. I found quite a lot to photograph near Warburton (sp?) when I went to meet up with David last year. Upper Yarra is under photographed.

..<snip>...

So many photo opportunities at your back door!

Cheers,
    I'm with the estimable (aging) Mr. Hird in choice of venue, except for Sovereign Hill (Ugh! Tourists!) and can make the 2nd also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's only a job Robert - there are lots of them here ....

Sovereign Hill works very well for me. I can leave the family with my parents.

How about everybody else? Is Sovereign Hill likely to work for you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    Sovereign Hill works very well for me. I can leave the family with my parents.

How about everybody else? Is Sovereign Hill likely to work for you?

About as well as a root canal.

I'm still hoping for the Grampians -- but that's just me.
    Steve

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin