Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,685   Online: 1137

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It sounds pretty resounding then. I might have to get permission from the boss to go that far. Anybody who wants to outvote the Grampians, please chime in.
    Any suggestions on where to meet? The main street of Halls Gap could be as good as anywhere.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sounds fine to me. Can we be more specific? Does anybody know of a particualr building there? How about meeting at the Post Office?

And a time? I'm probably going to stay over night in the area on the 2nd.
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think the Post Office is a bit of a combined affair newsagent type thingy.
    There is a supermarket. Most of the buildings in the main street are on the same side of the road, and on the other side there are car parks, parkland, etc.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'm in. We need a time to meet also. Perhaps we could bring prints from our last time together.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes, we need a time to meet - not too close to dawn as I guess some of us will not be able to stay in the immediate area overnight and will have to travel to the rendezvous. Can I suggest that the recognition device be each to display a tripod, so that those (like me) who have never sighted this group can avoid accosting a random sample of total strangers?

Shooter
    8x10 Format

wyno

Just checking to make sure. As close after dawn as possible, outside the small general store on 2nd of Jan. Byo tripod.
    See you there guys.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyno
    Just checking to make sure. As close after dawn as possible, outside the small general store on 2nd of Jan. Byo tripod.
    See you there guys.
    Mike

Dawn????

I cannot find that anywhere on any clock I have?

I doubt in the January long weekend there will be any accommodation within a 50 kilometre radius. I would imagine Horsham or Stawell are the two closest places other than sleeping in the car by the road. The two major falls [MacKenzie and Silverband] are both accessable all day.

I have one clock with dawn on it but that is set to go off only in the event of the end of the world.

This may however be an "end of world" situation.

Steve
    Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyno
    See you there guys.
    Mike
    I've done a few searches.
    The YHA youth hostel is booked out, the closest YHA vacancies are in Ballarat,
    2 hours away.
    There are probably camping spots available. No advance bookings are taken for the
    National-Parks administered camps as a matter of policy. But there are at least
    three minimal-facilities parks in the general Halls Gap area. You have to rock up to
    the Visitor centre and find out what's available. The commercial sites web pages say
    that they book by the week on major holidays and are probably booked out.
    There are motel rooms available in all the surrounding towns and at least one in
    Halls Gap. See the following URL
    http://www.wotif.com.au/Search.jsp?r...9&viewType=all
    And there are probably other just-in-time or last-minute accommodations available.
    I will be travelling up to Halls' gap on the 1st and probably camping overnight somewhere.
    I'll try to be somewhere rugged for sunset on the 1st. I will be outside the post office
    or across the road by nine-ish at the latest on the 2nd. If anyone wants to meet up with
    me on the 1st, email me direct. BYO Tripod.
    oldbikerpete@nis.bpa.nu or (if that doesn't work - dynamic IP mail server) bikrpete@bigpond.net.au

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sovereign Hill is a tourist trap, not really good photography. I've never shot in the Grampians, but would be great. I wouldn't make it as I have to go to a Wedding in Elsternwick followed by painting a fence in Brunswick, and with only a day to spare would probably spend it eating :-)

Graham.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll probably be staying in Ballarat the previous night, but could probably get to HG by about 8 am. Is this going to be too late?
    What's the consensus on time??

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin