Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,032   Online: 733

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I love the UK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should point out that Black Pudding is never seen south of Manchester... Down south it is officially classified as Hazardous Waste and comes under the control of the Atomic Energy Commission. Should there be a report of a Black Pudding on the loose in London, crack teams of exterminators are sent out from Whitehall to neutralize the threat with extreme prejudice... Entire streets have been blown up in order to isolate and destroy the Puddings before they breed and multiply. Difficult to identify, sadly, a Bratwurst visiting London was recently misidentified as a Black Pudding and shot by the Metropolitan Police in a "friendly fryer" incident.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

pudding wars

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    I should point out that Black Pudding is never seen south of Manchester... Down south it is officially classified as Hazardous Waste and comes under the control of the Atomic Energy Commission. Should there be a report of a Black Pudding on the loose in London, crack teams of exterminators are sent out from Whitehall to neutralize the threat with extreme prejudice... Entire streets have been blown up in order to isolate and destroy the Puddings before they breed and multiply. Difficult to identify, sadly, a Bratwurst visiting London was recently misidentified as a Black Pudding and shot by the Metropolitan Police in a "friendly fryer" incident.

Cheers, Bob.
    Bob,
    Not a pretty picture, but I would still classify black pudding as true gourmet fare. Being raised in Philadelphia I'm no stranger to haute cuisine. Cheesesteaks,hoagies,tastykakes and scrapple all washed down with Franks Black Cherry Wishniak. Philly gourmet food. Scrapple is the ground up cadavers of various barnyard animals. They put other things in it ( I'm convinced one ingredient is hair) form it into cakes and then you fry it up at breakfast. Two schools of thought here. The conservatives put maple syrup on it. The liberals opt for ketchup. I'm a ketchup man myself.
    cheers back,
    Jack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed, many feel that this persecution of the humble Black Pudding is excessive and that it should be allowed to roam free in the wild as it's ancestors once did.

To this end, pairs of Puddings have been re-introduced into the wild under controlled conditions in wilderness areas. It is hoped that the recent ban on hunting Puddings with hounds will allow them to breed sufficiently to create sustainable communities.

Many farmers however are opposed to this, fearing for their livelihood (a fully grown Buck pudding can easily bring down even a quite large and well developed lettuce) and are expected to petition for the right to shoot any Black Puddings found to be molesting Wellingtons or other at-risk footwear.

One can only hope that good sense will prevail.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I should point out that Black Pudding is never seen south of Manchester...
    Cheers, Bob.
    bob,
    you've never been to the black country then? Chitlins, grey peas, black pudding, faggots* - the staple diet in Bilston.

* to our Colonial friends, faggots are minced up pigs liver and any other bits lying round, wrapped in the lining of a pigs stomach.
    A faggot is also a bundle of twigs and sticks used as kindling for a fire. Hence the slang term 'fag' for a cigarette.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I should point out that Black Pudding is never seen south of Manchester...
    No self-respecting black pudding would want to be seen "north" of Manchester either... yer gettin a wee bit too close to haggis country!

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do not say anything against Haggis!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should point out that Black Pudding is never seen south of Manchester... Down south it is officially classified as Hazardous Waste
    Not so, #5 on your list of restaurants has been known to serve it

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mono
    Do not say anything against Haggis!
    I certainly won't - when I spent two weeks on an oil rig with Scottish catering it was sheer delight finally getting a meal that wasn't deep fried!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We have something similar to Haggis here in Germany, so I love it ;-))
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    FOOD FIGHT!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin