Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,587   Online: 890

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I LOVE PARIS

Shooter
    8x10 Format

I LOVE PARIS

Have old you folks that ILOVE PARIS? Finally got enough knucklehead students to plop down their down payments for the trip and it is a go. We will probably have 40 students or more going. This will be my third trip. Don't miss Paris. Go there to photograph, to sightsee, to eat, to eat , to eat.
    Now, to my countrymen and women, none of the rumors about Paris that pervade America are true. Paris is dirty. Not true. It is as clean as a big city can be. If you find a grungy little corner somewhere call it character. You will be wading through ankle deep dog poop with every step. Not true. Didn't see any. I do wonder about all the rolled up carpeting in the gutters. Water diversions? The French are rude. Subjective, of course but my empirical evidence proves the opposite. We had a wonderful meal one evening at Cafe Sud, (opera district 4 or 5 blocks behind Madeline church) Once we began talking to the diners around us, haltingly in my best high school french, they opened up and everyone of them began conversing in very fluent english. We went late into the evening talking over wine and coffee about all things French and American. The only person that I ran into in Paris that I could consider rude was the lady taking money at the toillet at the Tuillerie gardens. She seemed to be asking all the men if they were going to use the pissoire or a stall. I guess there was a price difference. I wanted to say,"I'm an American and we don't tell". I just handed hera abunch of coins and answered the call of nature. Next rumors. The food is great, the women are all beautiful, there are no fat Frech people. Actually these rumors are all true. There must be a city law declaring that there must be 3 bakeries on every block. How do you stay slim with so many pastries tempting you? Give in to the temptation. Eat,you're too skinny. and your in Paris freaking France. Go to Paris and photograph, photograph, photograph. It is as beautiful as any city I have seen.
    bon voyage
    Monsieur Jack B

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...And by all means take you biggest tripods and large format cameras with you. The best place to photograph is the National Assembly building next to the Orsay. The city is really clean, except for one place the tour guide kindly pointed out, American Park. It looked like a run down dirty needle park. They seen to love Americans. Tip generously they don't have a very high tax on anything. I think its 20 to 30 percent. I saw a waiter go to the manager with the tip I gave him and he said can I keep it. The manager seem to split it with him, so slip the tip into his pocket.

Really this is humbug. The American Park is really really dirty but Paris is clean and friendly and tipping is small. The tax is high but it's their system. The best thing in Paris is the Louvre. After that everything else is just nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amen to the beauty of Paris. I just wish I had brought a lightmeter the last time I was there so all my church interior photos would have come out. Make sure you take your students to Sacre Coeur, the vistas are breathtaking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll second that about the Sacre Coeur. I just got back a couple of weeks ago, having used 2 canonets the whole time. Lovely trip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails normal_60600001.jpg   normal_60670014.jpg   normal_60720018.jpg   normal_2005-12-02 A-03.jpg   normal_60720012.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I just got back from 5 days in Paris for the Thanksgiving break. Absolutely stunning. My most recent gallery entries are from my trip. I had a decent photo of Notre Dame's interior turn out as well. And the most beautiful women in the world are there. Vive la France!
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmelas
    PARIS.....(snip)..... the most beautiful women in the world are there. Vive la France!
    James
    I don't know if this is true. Possibly Prague.

Clearly, more research is in order.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    8x10 Format

sacre coeur

Quote Originally Posted by athanasius80
    Amen to the beauty of Paris. I just wish I had brought a lightmeter the last time I was there so all my church interior photos would have come out. Make sure you take your students to Sacre Coeur, the vistas are breathtaking.
    I've already told them to get in shape by going to the football stadium and carryin their lf gear up the steps. I actually think one of them is doing it.
    JAck

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Proof

Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    I don't know if this is true. Possibly Prague.

Clearly, more research is in order.

Immediately go forward with your research. This is important
    Jack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try to take the less obvious routes there are some amazing parts that aren't mentioned in the tourist guides. Take the underground a bit less and walk a bit more it's worth it. Ohh and watch out with the girls in Paris the don't always shave under their arms!

cheers!
    Quinten

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten
    Ohh and watch out with the girls in Paris the don't always shave under their arms!
    This just supports my claim made above. Parisian women are head and shoulders and armpits above... the world's most beautiful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin