Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,692   Online: 857

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeremy....don't care what you do, or what you shoot...just have a blast, enjoy your stay and make lots and lots of memories.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I got your alt print that you must have sent on your way to the airport and love it! Hopefully you'll have mine when you get home.

Have a great trip.

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Keep warm...

and happy shooting Jeremy. I hope to be there in 2007 so Ill follow your progress with interest.

All the best, Carl

Images
    Jeremy,

Don't know if you are familiar with Michael Kenna's images of Japan. Having seen your style, I think you'd find his efforts inspirational. Here's a link to see some of the work. From what I understand, most of this was done in what many would consider poor image making conditions.

http://www.michaelkenna.net/html/japan02/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's 7:30 in the morning here and I'm still a little off on the sleeping schedule so I figured I would hop on here before making some hot chocolate and getting dressed for another day of photographing (actually, I've already shot off some frames from the balcony of the sunrise!).

Yesterday was quite exciting as I went down the wharf to check out the fishing boats and the warehouse district. Shot off another ~100 frames of 35mm, but only 4 sheets of LF... still feeling overwhelmed so I am trying to ease myself in. No reason on setting up for a bunch of shots that I don't feel "make it," if you know what I mean. Walked about 12km yesterday with the backpack and am a little sore today, but it is not too bad (it weighs ~38lbs). Next time I go out just walking around I am going to pare it down to just the 150 and 240mm lenses and kick everything else out of the backpack to save on weight. Today I am heading over to chuo park (central park) and since I'll be there all day I am going to take everything with me.

Did a neat shot from an overpass with the 3x4... just set-up the tripod and went to town. A policeman came up (it's a walking overpass) to see what I was doing, not to scold, but to check out my camera!

Later when shooting an image over near the warehouse section I took off my right glove to set the aperture on the shutter and when I turned around it was gone! Then I felt a tap on the shoulder and there was a an older fisherman waving at me with my glove on. I put up my left hand--with glove still on--to wave back and then we both started cracking up!

The Japanese don't care what I take pictures of at all, but they are hesitant about having their pictures made so I have held off on that.

The weather is not that cold here yet, but snow is expected this weekend. Everything here is amazing and the food is wonderful! As my sleep schedule is still a little off I'll probably hop on Apug from time to time while I am recuperating from my excursions.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeremy,

one experience I had was in a temple area in Kamakura. They didn't allow tripods within the gardens. I think a monopod was OK (I saw someone with one), but the tripod was no good. Other temple grounds nearby didn't have the same policy.

They were very nice about telling me no.

Have fun out there!

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Any plan(s) to come to Kyoto and Nara? You can take a bus for getting around cheap and relatively fast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    Any plan(s) to come to Kyoto and Nara? You can take a bus for getting around cheap and relatively fast.
    So far, no, but I'm not sure what the plans are each day... so far I have been playing it by ear. Today was an exciting day walking around and tomorrow I am heading to Ritsurin Park with the 3x4!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you are having a great trip. I'm really looking forward to seeing the photographs you make! As Mike said above... no matter what, have a blast! (Oh and keep us up-to-date on your travels... it's great to travel vicariously through you for the rest of us homebound APUGgers!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeremy sounds like you are having fun...don't forget to look for some try some tyrptics, think you are in a wonderfull area to get some
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin