Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,908   Online: 1159

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Konichiwa from Japan!

Just wanted to say hello to all of my fellow Apuggers from the land of the rising sun!

The film holders are loaded and I am about to spend the day photographing here in Takamatsu. Yesterday was spent in Okayama as Cassandra had training there so I rode the train up with her (I believe it is north of Takamatsu). While there I visited Okayama Castle and the beautiful Karaku-en Gardens. These gardens have to be seen to be believed! Didn't take the LF with me on the train as I didn't have a home base to work from and was still really tired from the 15 hour flight (a headwind slowed up down) so it was just 35mm. Since Cassandra was in training I had all day long to wander around and get lost! Met tons of nice people, including an older gentleman who shared some mandarin oranges with me while we enjoyed the sunset on the riverbed--I shared some sprees with him (candy which is like sweettarts); neither of us could speak the others language, but nothing really needed to be said as the view said it all.

At the moment I am enjoying the view from Cassandra's 8th floor apartment balcony where I can get wireless internet access on her laptop. Because I am on the 8th floor and Japan is in the opening throes of winter I don't want to spend too long out here as the wind is quite biting so if you want to get in touch with me I will probably be checking my email at least once a day at jeremydmoore(at)gmail.com where any Apugger can get ahold of me. I probably won't be checking into Apug until I am back in the US (I can only imagine the 37,000 unread new posts when I return), but if I am up early one morning I'll see if I can sneak into the chatroom to say "hi!"

Sayonora!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yoi tabi wo !
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    35mm
    Stay warm and have fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Subarashi ! ! !

Jeremy just ask any of your Japanese hosts what that means and you'll get a puzzled look, then a big smile...

I love Tokyo, been there a few times and will be back again in Jan/Feb.

Hope you have a blast there. Yodobashi is fun if you wanna check out camera stuff.

Glenn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Man, am I jealous! Have fun.

Cheers, James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I'm jealous too... Are you anywhere near the Kyiosato Museum of Photographic Arts, by any chance?

Regardless, I just noticed that you are still "online" here at APUG. Man, get out and enjoy the place (or the fiancée). I know you miss us, its ok.

Take care, man.

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre R. de Avillez
    Yeah, I'm jealous too... Are you anywhere near the Kyiosato Museum of Photographic Arts, by any chance?

Regardless, I just noticed that you are still "online" here at APUG. Man, get out and enjoy the place (or the fiancée). I know you miss us, its ok.

Take care, man.

André
    Heh heh, she's still at work and should be home shortly. Well, I don't have a phone so I have to be back at the apartment early to meet her so I might as well log on to Apug... right? Was able to make the wireless work without going outside so I should be able to sign on when I am not out photographing.

Where is the Kyiosato Museum of Photographic Arts at? I'm in Takamatsu on the island of Shikoku and don't know what's around me
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kiyosato Museum of Photographic Art is in Yamanashi, bit far from where you are.
    http://www.kmopa.com/photo.htm
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.yamato-movie.jp/top/index.html

In case you get snowed in, here's something to watch in a movie theater.

It's something about the "rising sun."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Set that camera on bulb and shoot from the balcony at night! Use a bean bag or a small tripod if you have one. Sounds like a great time.Shoot lots of film.

Very nice story about the gentleman and the sunset. I think you will find the Japanses people to be wonderful hosts of their country, especially when you get out the bigger camera. The gardens sound like a place to set up. Not sure about permission and tripods, but just ask and smile. Did you bring any prints along to show? tim

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin