Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,894   Online: 972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Stuttgart & Munich Camera shops

Next week I'm off to Germany for a 2½ week visit of the wifes family.

After some discussion, it now appears I will have time off from visiting sister and brother in-laws and my beloved mother in-law, to trip around on my own with a camera.

One of the things in both of these cities, would be to look up camera shops with analogue gear, just in case there is something worth burning the plastic card for.

The camera scene has obviously changed quite a lot since I was last walking through both of these places, so I was wondering whether anyone out there knows of those shops that are still operating and where they are?

I'll actually be based very close to Reutlingen, in Eningen Unter Achalm, I think that's the correct spelling.

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 12-16-2005 at 08:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can't help you with Stuttgart, but I asked this same question about Munich last year. I was told:

SecondHandCameraShop, Landwehrstr. 3, 80336 München, Tel. 089-55079595, www.secondhandcamera.de
    Cityfoto, Rindermarkt 16, 80331 Munich, Tel. 089-265112, www.cityphoto.de
    Photo Bazar, Josephspitalstr. 5, 80331 Munich, Tel. 089-2607313, www.photo-bazar.de
    Foto Nürbauer, Zweibrückenstr. 13, 80331 Munich, Tel. 089-296151
    Foto Öhlschlegel, Reichenbachstr. 5, 80469 Munich, Tel. 089-2285666, www.foto-oehlschlegel.de

Nothing was cheap! Have fun anyway.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be sure to take a really nice photo of your mother-in-law

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, they look like quite good places to check out for the odd bit of photo gear, many thanks for that.

Matt, don't worry, I take good pictures of my mother-in-law and send her Ilford post cards, she thinks it's a buzz getting a postcard of herself and shows all of her friends.

Imke, I'm not that big a fan of Ebay. Living in this country I've bought quite a few things very long distance. In all cases I've had a telephone conversation with the seller, and always gotten a gut feeling about whether or not to go ahead with the purchase. I do understand that there are people who purchase many things on that type of forum, I just haven't gotten into it, yet.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Resurrecting the thread, since I'll be in Munich in a month and probably will have the time to visit a nice store with film and darkroom stuff, if I find one.

So, does anybody know whether the shops mentioned in David's post still exist ?? Only the first link he posted works, the other ones seem inactive... some other recommendation ??

Also, does anybody know whether I will be allowed to enter the "Deutsches Museum" with my Rolleiflex ? Is it OK to make pictures (without flash of course) in there ??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funnily enough, I'll be back in Munich in March through to the end of June, with Munich as a base for bopping around parts of Europe and I was about to do a search for this thread, many thanks George for saving me the effort.

You are correct, only the first link works. I did visit two of the places, including the first one with the working link, beware prices for stuff in Germany are sometimes very expensive, mainly because they seem to stock well preserved specimens of originally expensive stuff anyway.

I'm not sure about today, but during my visit to Germany when this thread was started, I visited the Deutches Museum and walked around with an F3 taking the odd picture or two without flash, not a problem.

I would suggest you get to the museum early, you can easily stay there all day. Last visit there, we entered about 5 minutes after the doors opened and left as they were shutting the doors.

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wonder if it's possible to visit the Linhof factory, at the very least, to drool... ;-)

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Try Foto Sauter and Calumet in Munich.
    Regards,
    Andreas

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    Also, does anybody know whether I will be allowed to enter the "Deutsches Museum" with my Rolleiflex ? Is it OK to make pictures (without flash of course) in there ??
    That is OK. There are a few shows which are worthwile - e.g. the "lightning" show, with meterlong sparks.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin