Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,043   Online: 875

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scotland Bound

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy you can take a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Somebody, on the Analog "Black and White" Photography Users Group....
    There is a lot of great color work posted into the galleries here by some wonderful photographers... am I missing something? I hadn't realized it was supposed to be just black and white.

Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab
    Happy you can take a joke.

There is a lot of great color work posted into the galleries here by some wonderful photographers... am I missing something? I hadn't realized it was supposed to be just black and white.

Bill
    Just tweaking everyone's nose a bit ..... Yes, there is some great color work here, I particulary like Baxter Bradford and Robert Jaques's work. You have to admit though, sometimes there is an expectation of B&W here.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As you know Robert, I use mostly Portra NC. Velvia is like deep-fried mars bars: too much of a good thing.
    Last edited by Struan Gray; 05-27-2008 at 05:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray
    As you know Robert, I use mostly Portra NC. Velvia is like deep-fried mars bars: too much of a good thing.
    Struan,

Thanks, I didn't realize you did color as well. There are a lot of good color workers here, like the ones I mentioned, but many I didn't mention, like John Callow and yourself. Of course, I didn't mean to slight anyone, with 10000 members it is hard to keep track of everyone. But, it is true, the most active part of the forum is from the B&W community - and there certainly isn't anything wrong with that, there are some stunning B&W photographers here, some that would get approval from the old master Ansel Adams, if he was still alive, I'm sure.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello All,

6AM in Amsterdam Airport with a 3 hour layover before moving on again to Scotland. Thought I'd look-in on the site to see what's up to kill some time. Hoping to soon check-out some of the great tips I got from Struan and all others. Tired, but excited to get there and explore. Thanks again to everyone that has given their help!

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice one Bill

You have got a nice little 'WHERE TO GO' view points list here from some fine photographers. And I'll be following in your footsteps in february. Cool.

What a great community to belong to!

Have a great trip.

Stoo

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab
    Hello All,6AM in Amsterdam Airport with a 3 hour layover before moving on again to Scotland. Bill
    You must have arrived by now ! Hope we get some updates of your progress.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    You must have arrived by now ! Hope we get some updates of your progress.
    Hi Roy and all,

Writing this from a bar in Kyle of Localsh 'looking' out at the Isle of Skye. I really can't see it though due to the weather. Had some good results so far, but not nearly what I had hoped for. My luck withy weather has been not good. So it goes for Scotland in the Winter!!! Almost a total rain-out so far, but there is still time to go. Great suggestions Mono and Struan! Goigach was beautiful!!!!

More to come if I see another access point.

Bill (wet)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been keeping an eye on the weather up there and have seen it has not been good . Should improve over the next few days (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/nscotland/)

Cheers, Bob.
    Last edited by Bob F.; 01-22-2006 at 07:35 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Whooops!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bill,

Here's a five day forcast for that area.
    5 day weather
    Looks like the rain will ease off.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin