Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,947   Posts: 1,557,848   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dorothy,

I can promise you the guys were respectful of the 9th ward. They want to keep our story alive and I am thankful for that. I get so used to seeing the destruction and as we pulled into the 9th ward David and Jake were speechless. Very emotional moment for me.

I think we met at the "Unexposed" show at NOMA. My wife and I loved your portraits.

We head to Lake view in the morning, I'm sure it will be just as shocking as today.

Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seems my original post was taken way beyond what I had stated. When David asked for 'advice or suggestions' on coming to New Orleans to photograph the destruction of the area...I did just that. Advised and suggested. Not realizing he was meeting up with anyone here, just thought I'd pass on what I know is bothersome to my friends and family in the affected areas (and me too!!). If you all think the 9th Ward is bad, you ought to see the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It's beyond sad!! It's still all so unbelievable at times.

Sam, as for meeting you...we've exhibited at NOMA on a few occasions for 'Underexposed' these last few years. I'm trying to remember when I met you as I was so fortunate to meet many other photographers and visitors/spectators there. Unfortunately, one year I was unable to attend, so my husband and daughter were there in my place with my work. These days I'm usually in New Orleans at least once a week, if not more. I thank you for your compliment on my work.

Hoping you all have an enjoyable visit there and that you didn't get too beat up by last nights weather. Stay safe on your journey to Lakeview!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dorothy,
    We will be in NO until Monday afternoon. Will you be around?

Today we are going to Lakeview and on Saturday we are driving out to Biloxi to photograph the trees on the beach.

The entire scene is so hard to believe. And then early Thursday morning, an F2 tornado hit Lakeview. Unbelievable.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    We had another productive emotional day. The guys are heading to Mississippi in the morning, I really would like to go but its looking like a no go for me. I really enjoyed the time we spent together these past two days. Jake and David are great guys and have great sympathy for what has happened to us here.I hope we stay in touch.

We viewed a fellow photogs house (Slydog on APUG) as he tries to put the peices back together. Its amazing that no matter where I go it all looks the same. Just layers of destruction in different degrees.

I can't wait to see the work produced over these last two days.

David and Jake, Good luck in Miss. Give me a call!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm back in NM and have had some time to digest all that I experienced. It is a terrifying thought to think of all of you belongings and home could get washed away. I feel so sad for those folks down there. Each person I met had an amazing story to tell.

I still can't believe what I saw.

Anyway, I will be working on my negs tonight and tomorrow. Will post some work over the weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin