Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,249   Online: 1088

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boise, ID?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Boise, ID?

Anyone out there in or visiting Boise, say something! It seems this area is totally devoid of traditional photographers...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I was in Boise this past September. Does that count?

Hello from Maryland!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm probably moving to Boise this summer.

Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There are a couple of us here... I talked to JonW, who is here, over the weekend. You might want to drop in at Boise Photo & Darkroom Supply (on Fairview & Milwaukie) & meet the owner Tom Cooper- he's working hard at keeping the traditional light burning.

I know of a couple other people here who are not only interested in traditional photography, but also exploring some of the alternative processes. Give me a holler sometime & we can work at meeting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whelan
    Anyone out there in or visiting Boise, say something! It seems this area is totally devoid of traditional photographers...
    John (Alpha Flying Monkey) Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Give a holler when you get here... I can point you to some of the local resources.

Quote Originally Posted by magic823

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not from Bosie, but do get through there quite a few times each year..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Boise Camera Club looks to be fairly active. I haven't attended yet (living in Seattle) but I hope to.

I'll be in Boise the weekend of Feb. 18 finalizing the job offer. If it happens, its just a matter of selling our home is Seattle. Plus I have to find a home to buy in Boise that will fit my darkroom and woodworking shop.

Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by magic823

Steve
    Me too!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sounds like it's about time to start a Boise APUG chapter!

A couple of us are trying to get a traditional/analog-based group started here... There is the Idaho Photographic Workshop & the Boise Camera Club, but neither are analog-specific. We've talked about shooting trips, workshops, etc.

I think that if enough interest could be generated we could convince a couple of the people who travel with their workshops to come to Boise... My wife works for a software company, they are basically "virtual", and she gives training for their partners. She found that the travel costs to Boise are affordable enough to make Boise a training center for her company. I'm sure we could bring a couple of people here.

Images
    The Boise area is thick with image makers, even some holdouts doing traditional photographic work and at least one local supplier dedicated to traditional process. There is even still a lab running E-6 color film. You can check out Idaho Photographic Workshop online at www.idahophotographicworkshop.org. In the interest of full disclosure, I am the current president. It is an organization with some very talented people with really diverse skills that are really just is interested in celebrating personal vision and looking for ways to get the work out where the public can see it. Hope to see you there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin