Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,132   Online: 963

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hendersonville, NC

At something of the last minute, I'll be traveling to Hendersonville, NC this weekend (Sat, Sun & Mon). As most of my sunday will be tied up in meetings, where would be some good suggestions for "must see" locations?

It looks like I'll probably spend Saturday evening in town, but would like to "prowl around" a little on Monday morning before zipping back off to the airport.

Any pointers from western Carolinians, would be greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You won't be far from Ashville, the Smoky mountains and Biltmore House, Americas only castle, their gardens and groundare great.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    DuPont State Forest is nearby- some spectacular, relatively unknown waterfalls, if that is your sort of thing. Pisgah National Forest.. trails and falls up the mountains to the Blue Ridge Parkway, all within a half hour of the airport. It is a beautiful area, I get there as often as I can
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Chimney Rock is right there as well, just off the highway at the Hendersonville exit. Lots of nice views. The downtown historic district is nice as well - not sure about must see, but it was nice the last time I was there.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll definitely visit the Chimney Rock area, as I'll be in the Lake Lure area proper. I may not have enough time to make Asheville (did the Biltmore a couple of years ago with the family; gorgeous!)...it looks like Monday into early afternoon is going to be my only time for play.

I was hoping for some local pointers around town, as well. From what I've seen so far, it looks like a fairly photogenic locale.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin