Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,663   Online: 1136

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Las Vegas 2nd week of May -- Any suggestions?

I'm going to Las Vegas the 2nd week of May for a conference and I was able to plan my trip so I will have a day and a half free. I'm arriving Saturday mid-afternoon and will be free until Monday morning.

I have two questions:

1. The most obvious is for this time of year, where should I go? I will be either taking my Hasselblad or my 4x5 -- not likely both. I suspect there might be some areas with Spring flowers this time of year.. I just don't know.

2. If I do take my 4x5, what would you suggest I do about my film. Can I buy sheet film on Saturday afternoon in Vegas? If not, has anyone had any experience shipping film to a Vegas hotel to wait for my arrival?

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Valley of Fire just North of Town, Anything right on the Colorado River Near the downstream part of the damn, and just crazy people on the sidewalks. BTW Bill I live close to Vegas now.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Valley of Fire just North of Town...
    I second that. Take the 4x5. Hotel delivery will work fine, I do it all the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For sheet film, you can try either Casey's camera on Tropicana Ave. or Sahara Camera. Caseys will be closer to you I think but either place will have sheet film. Though I would recommend calling to see what they carry.

Dont forget to gamble, please!
    Nikki

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese Proverb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Red Rock Canyon is on of my favorite spots. It's about a 20-30 minute drive from "the Strip". Here's a "holga-eye"view.
    Mark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Great suggestions ... Valley of fire and Red Rock Canyon!

I'll check into Casey's too.

I think I might try shipping film to the Hotel (and carry some as well). I don't know what trouble I'm going to run into with the airline and sheet film, but As a backup, I can try the local camera supply, and with the encouraging experience of shipping to the hotel, I should end up with film.

Thanks to all! This should be a fun trip.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget the best time to do the strip, at night. Take a roll or two of tungsten film and set up where you can. It's fun and worth the effort. tim

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...500&ppuser=936

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photographica
    Great suggestions ... Valley of fire and Red Rock Canyon!

I'll check into Casey's too.

I think I might try shipping film to the Hotel (and carry some as well). I don't know what trouble I'm going to run into with the airline and sheet film, but As a backup, I can try the local camera supply, and with the encouraging experience of shipping to the hotel, I should end up with film.

Thanks to all! This should be a fun trip.
    Bill
    Casey's has a good supply of quickloads and readyloads. Death Valley is not that far. I go to Las Vegas a couple of times a year for work and I always go out there, usually as a 1 day trip...Evan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool holga shot, Mark!

I'm going to Las Vegas from March 27th until March 31st to photograph the surrealness that is Vegas. Got an appointment to have a tour of the Boneyard, the Neon sign graveyard. I have similar worries with my 35mm B&W Infrared film and the airlines. My friend and I are going to rent a car and drive out to the Hoover Dam as well. Should be fun!

BWKate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also hope to meet fellow apug member Dave Wooten when my friend and I are in Vegas. It's always great to meet other apug members when travelling. It's a trend I hope to continue.

BWKate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin