Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,044   Online: 795

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Holy Snow Batman

Ok a few of you know the fun I have been having the last two days. Friday there was a healthy amount of snow that had fallen around us. This is not unusual for this area, but rarely occurs. It melted relatively fast, but more fell sporadically throughout the day. I waited until yesterday (Saturday) to Head up to Zion since We were supposed to get more of the white stuff overnight. Sure enough we got dumped on again. This time it was slowly melting. The few hundred feet in elevation change and the 20 miles to Zion made a big difference. The snow was not melting up there. I laughed tel I had to sit on a snow covered car at one point, the heavy wet snow has piled up in a tree and well as hubby said it chose that precise moment to crap on him as he walked under that tree. I actually didn't grumble the whole day while I shot roll after roll of film. Of course he had the digigizmo to keep him occupied. If people like I can upload one of his shots just to let you know how much we have gotten. I was so cold I came home and soaked my feet and went to bed. I haven't had time to develop the 21 rolls of film I shot off. Well I got up this morning and there must be frost in the ground. The snow is about 8 inches deep here in Hurricane Utah. That hasn't happened in the Old timers life times. It is steadily snowing so hard that you can't see the other side of the road. Time to crank up the 4X4 and take another spin up to Zion. The stark contrast of the red rock the white snow and actually brilliant greens was magnificant. Today I will take the color film with me. Dan says he is going to wear a hat today.

The weatherman says this is a 100 year storm, and won't let up until tomorrow with a slight chance of it snowing for a forth day.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How do you get so lucky Aggie? Hope you get a lot of great shots!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wasn't going to go out until my son who has never driven in snow got home. Funny to listen to a kid talk about snow covered freeways. At least he has listened to his mom's instructions about how to handle snow. He was very thankful when he got home. This end of the State, has no snow plows, and nothing to even put down sand and or salt. A 78 year old man who works with my son said it has never done this in this end of the state before. It always melts withing moments of the flakes hitting the ground. If it stops snowing so hard that I might be able to see the other side of the road from my front door, I might get out there today. This will at least give me time to develop some of that film. I think we have gotten 3 inches since I first reported this.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just woke up to snow in Santa Fe!!! The first of the season.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sounds great fun Aggie, we've just got about 4 or 5 inches of snow this morning which is the most we've had for years. No photos taken -- too busy building a snowman with the kids

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The kids have been crying for snow all season.
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just looking out of my study window, Aggie it's snowing very hard, it started in the middle of last night its getting pretty deep, it's the first snow we have had this year and the Winter is nearly over, must be global warming we usually have more snow than this, but no doubt there will be traffic chose tomorrow because in this country the authauritys are always spectacularly unprepared for whatever kind of weather occurs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We even got a light dusting (maybe an inch or so) in Rio Rancho.It was nice to wake up to white. Of course, it's melting quickly, but it's better than what we've had.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hey Aggie.
    I thought I'd send you down some of the Oregon weather I've had. It rained in sunny Southern Calif during the Conference and now you have snow. HA! I had lots of fun doing my walking in snow. Its even better photographing.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Images
    Snow? Is that the funny stuff that looks a lot like white beach sand?
    Bill (Sarasota, FL)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin