Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,082   Online: 869

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Question about Black Rock Desert, Nevada

So often, I see pictures of this area with the 'cracked ground' look to it. I assume, this isn't the way the desert appears year round. So my questions is, if I want to capture this cracked ground look, when is the best time of year to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Art, the best time is hours after a good wet storm when the clouds are clearing and the top surface is drying but the "cracks" are still damp and dark. Amazing contrast then. Look up "the Racetrack" in Death valley. The rocks there chase each other around the lake and leave grooved trails behind them. Certainly luck will be necessary to make all these elements come together.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin