Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,256   Online: 996
      
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    6,242

    There is light in the hills

    I just came in from photographing along the Apache Trail this afternoon. The grass is turning golden and the noon and afternoon light is sublime. Reminds me of Ansels impression of the light in Yosemite. Nice time of year to photograph in this area.

  2. #2
    Sanjay Sen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,251
    Images
    4
    Here (in central NJ) it was quite drab over the weekend. So I stuck to indoor imagery - macro flower photography, with a flash for a change (I hate flash).

    I am glad you could go out to shoot and the light was good!


  3. #3
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,445
    Images
    6
    Only 65 days of sunlight a year in northern Ohio, but tomorrow is supposed to be one of them. Off to the greenhouses.

    John Powers

  4. #4
    roteague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,672
    Images
    18
    It's raining, again. We are breaking records clear back to 1917 for the amount of rainfall we have had the past two months. Your post reminds me of those days when I used to photographing out in the desert near Apache Junction, up near Superstition Mountain - I loved the color of the light.
    Last edited by roteague; 03-26-2006 at 10:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

    "A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    Only 65 days of sunlight a year in northern Ohio, but tomorrow is supposed to be one of them. Off to the greenhouses.

    John Powers
    Hey John,

    Glad to hear that you are moving forward on the greenhouse project. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your time. Good luck to you.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    It's raining, again. We are breaking records clear back to 1917 for the amount of rainfall we have had the past two months. You post reminds me of those days when I used to photographing out in the desert near Apache Junction, up near Superstition Mountain - I loved the color of the light.

    Hi Robert,

    I don't know how long it has been for you since Az. But this place is growing by leaps and bounds. They are doing housing developments out to Florence now. Yes the light and the sunshine is nice...we are nearing summer and I will be inside a great deal more. Weather sure is strange...even Hawaii...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    Here (in central NJ) it was quite drab over the weekend. So I stuck to indoor imagery - macro flower photography, with a flash for a change (I hate flash).

    I am glad you could go out to shoot and the light was good!
    Sanjay,

    I haven't had the opportunity to see the northeast. I have heard many comment on the gray skies...bummer

  8. #8
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,445
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    Hey John,

    Glad to hear that you are moving forward on the greenhouse project. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your time. Good luck to you.

    Thanks Donald. Pick your fruits, some wild grapes with amazing vines, six acres of tomatos at one time, and now the buffalo. What a subject.

    John P.

  9. #9
    jp80874's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bath, OH 44210 USA
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    3,445
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    Hi Robert,

    I don't know how long it has been for you since Az. But this place is growing by leaps and bounds. They are doing housing developments out to Florence now. Yes the light and the sunshine is nice...we are nearing summer and I will be inside a great deal more. Weather sure is strange...even Hawaii...

    Come on up to Toronto for the conference, see the falls, the lake should be a bit cool still.

    John Powers



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin