Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,485   Online: 928

Shooter
    Medium Format

In LA next week April 3-7

I'll be in Hollywood all next week. I'd like to get out of town a bit for some Medium Format shooting (landscapes preferably, but open to all suggestions.) We have morning commitments, but the rest of the days are pretty much free. Anything within 1-2 hours drive would be best. I'll be bringing my Rollei TLR that's fresh back from getting a CLA by Harry Fleenor. I'm just getting back into B&W shooting and developing after 20 years and am itching to shoot whenever I can.

Thanks,
    Randy
    Seattle, WA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a not too past similar request on the LF forum...probably get some insight there.
    http://largeformatphotography.info/l...ic/500514.html
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are waterfalls and lush green grass everywhere right now. Look at the book stores for "day hikes around los angeles" or any of the other LA hiking books for some trails. I'd head to malibu creek state park but bring your boots, it'll be muddy anywhere you go.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format

The Getty Center

If you get a chance, I recommend the Getty Center. Not only is the center architecturally outstanding, if also houses some great collections of photography. Check getty.edu for current showings. I could easily spend a day there both taking and looking at photos.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Definitely the Getty Center, but you might try any of the following: LACMA/Paige Museum (La Brea Tar Pits), Huntington Library (a little too early for the roses, but the Japanese garden has cherry blossoms), The Arboretum, Descanso Gardens...tons of places to shoot. The water reclamation plant in Van Nuys has one of the most beautiful Japanese gardens around. Union Station has some great architecture and is across the street from Olvera Street (tourist spot) and is close to Phillipe's (the home of the french dip sandwich). Oh yeah, the Disney Concert Hall...

Unfortunately the weather forecast is for rain...sorry, but even we need rain.

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin