Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,079   Online: 924

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with everyone. Beautiful images. I like the fact that you are respectful of another culture and are showing what you found intriguing there.
    All the best with your show of these images.

Kate

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

A day in India

Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    <snippy>... I like the fact that you are respectful of another culture and are showing what you found intriguing there.
    ...<more snippy>
    Kate
    [color=black]Thank you both for the affirmation. I found the Indian culture to be unique. Many cultures are friendly, but it took a good 12 days there to really find out why they manage such excellence in the practice of being a good host. Case in point: we ran out of bottled water and I mentioned I was heading across the street to get some to put in the fridge. I was directed to please take a seat. With a flick of his wrist, a young man ran out of the room and in less than 3 minutes had ice cold bottled water for us. (one thing we couldn’t do was drink the water. Not that it wasn't safe, it was just different enough that it could cause us some travelers woes).[/color]

[color=black]I said thank you, it really wasn't necessary, he replied, "No, it was my pleasure; it is my duty!" [/color]

[color=black]It then struck me as to how quintessentially ingrained it is in their culture to make the guest feel comfortable, appreciated, and honored. This was a repeated theme in all that I saw, regardless of who it was I was dealing.[/color]
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Having worked with Indian people for years, I too have always found them open and friendly. I've never been to India, but I would like to.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I've never been to India, but I would like to.
    Robert, if/when you do go, you should visit the state of Rajasthan. You will have lots of oppurtunities to shoot Velvia, especially in this state!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I really need to get up to Mumbai as well. I can't believe how much there is to see there.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Very cool stuff Robert!

And BTW, isn't Velveeta that simulated cheese product that come in a can?
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    No can! Comes wrapped in plastic.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Very cool stuff Robert!

And BTW, isn't Velveeta that simulated cheese product that come in a can?
    Thanks Mateo, how you been doiing?

That's it! He wants me to shoot with Cheese! Blessed are the cheese makers!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert,

Have you considered joining a print exchange? I personally would love to have one of your wonderful images of India. I have some infrared images of Las Vegas just developed.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for the invitation Kate,

At the moment I am still setting up the rest of the darkroom. Once that is in place I can give it more consideration.

I must admit, however, most of the work I do is for resale, that being said, I have planned on the India images being more of a public domain process.

Kindest Regards,
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin