Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,550   Online: 917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Randy - I'm in Wellington. The weather cleared today, as it usually does, with a dying southerly. So the air was crisp and clear, and the light from the low, almost-winter sun was fantastic. Most of the time the weather is from the northwest and the air is less clear - dust from Australia - so be ready for it when the weather is from the south. If you've not been here before, you'll notice the wind - all the time virtually, especially in Wellington, and especially in October, November. Bring your best tripod. The most dramatic landscapes are in the South. Regards.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Hi Robert,
    I`m just outside Roxburgh, it`s about 30 km from Alexandra. You may have driven through it ....it`s on the main state highway from Dunedin to Queenstown and before you reach Alex.

I`ve walked bits of the rail trail.... I should do some more as it`s very easy walking to get into some great bits of country.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Randy,

As others have said, there are a huge number of photographic opportunities, ranging from deserted coastlines, volcanoes, bush (forest), mountains, lakes, etc. During November, expect all kinds of weather, even on the same day! :-)

Apart from the locations you will have already read about in this and other threads, there are some great locations around the east coast (Tauranga to Gisborne), the central volcanic plateau, plus the southern coasts of the North Island round the Wairarapa and also around Wellington if you want something a little wilder. In the South Island, the North West offers Nelson Lakes, Abel Tasman and the Marlborough Sounds. Some good wine & beer too :-)

What sort of route do you plan on taking? Are you planning on flying between the two islands, or are you going to take the ferry?

Enjoy your trip.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ian leeden
    Hi Robert,
    I`m just outside Roxburgh, it`s about 30 km from Alexandra. You may have driven through it ....it`s on the main state highway from Dunedin to Queenstown and before you reach Alex.

I`ve walked bits of the rail trail.... I should do some more as it`s very easy walking to get into some great bits of country.

Ian
    Hi Ian,

I've driven through that area, but not on my most recent trip. I saw some really beautiful country along the Clutha river, so I hope to go back through there someday, preferably in the fall.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin