Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,723   Posts: 1,515,001   Online: 1232

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    What Rob said... Totally agree...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a simple answer to all this madness - VOTE OUT THE IDIOTS WHO PROPOSED THIS LEGISLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lachlan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The problem is a good portion of the voters actually think this is a good idea. They also love the idea of the NSA wiretapping without a warrant. That's why these assinine bills come up. Many Americans seem to want to shred the constitution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well that's Google Earth up the spout then!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt
    The problem is a good portion of the voters actually think this is a good idea. They also love the idea of the NSA wiretapping without a warrant. That's why these assinine bills come up. Many Americans seem to want to shred the constitution.
    Do you really think so? In the UK when our govt. decided in its infinite wisdom to try and introduce ID card 'a majority of the population were in favour' according to Tony Blair. However, as several journalists found out when they dug a little deeper, a great many people when they had had the full consequences of the legislation spelled out to them changed their minds.

Do not be afraid to stand up for what is right, and remember that there are a great many gullible people who believe every word spewed by the polititcians. Remember also that the greatest danger to politicians are the honest people who risk their neck to tell the truth about what is really going on.

Stand firm, my friends and don't let your moronic politicians destroy you!

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Communists and Fascists . . . they're still among us, after all these years. Amazing. Truely amazing. Whittling away at your freedoms, one nick at a time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well....
    Here in Delaware (just over the river from NJ), they have signs on the power plant fence that state that it is prohibited to photo/video the area. Granted, there is a public road that goes right past the fence. So, I set up the 4x5 and begin to compose when I am interrupted. A gentlemen asks "what are you doing ?". I reply. He states that it is illegal to do so, and demands my ID. Normally, I would just apologize, and start up a conversation with the individual as to why he believes that it is illegal to photograph a subject from common grounds. But this is turning into a different beast.
    So, in reply to his demand, I first ask for his ID. He tells me (without showing his ID) that he is an employee of the power plant (however, he appeared to be in a private vehicle). I again ask to view his ID, and he produces a business card. I then ask to view his license to verify that the card is indeed his. At this point in the venture, he tells me "not to go anywhere", as he is calling the police. I then advise him that I am on public domain, and now I wish for the police to be called, as I am being detained without due cause.
    He then again asks me for my ID. This time, I remove my wallet, and produce my badge. I then tell him that I am employed by the District Attorney's office, and while I am not on official business, I am demanding that he give me a valid reason for his wanting to view my ID and detain me. He then changes his tune. After bumbling for a second, he begins to tell me that they have had some strange things going on, etc, lately (holes in the fence, etc)., and that it was suggested to them to 'increase security'. I was going to pressure him abit to find out who exactly 'authorized' him to police public domain, but it was pretty clear at this point that he was shook up enough that I made my point.
    I did give him my card, and the card of the county police department. I advised him to get into contact with them, as I told him that "for his safety, he should refrain from continuing his 'security activities outside of his property".

Bleh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Well....
    Here in Delaware (just over the river from NJ), they have signs on the power plant fence that state that it is prohibited to photo/video the area. Granted, there is a public road that goes right past the fence. So, I set up the 4x5 and begin to compose when I am interrupted. A gentlemen asks "what are you doing ?". I reply. He states that it is illegal to do so, and demands my ID. Normally, I would just apologize, and start up a conversation with the individual as to why he believes that it is illegal to photograph a subject from common grounds. But this is turning into a different beast.
    So, in reply to his demand, I first ask for his ID. He tells me (without showing his ID) that he is an employee of the power plant (however, he appeared to be in a private vehicle). I again ask to view his ID, and he produces a business card. I then ask to view his license to verify that the card is indeed his. At this point in the venture, he tells me "not to go anywhere", as he is calling the police. I then advise him that I am on public domain, and now I wish for the police to be called, as I am being detained without due cause.
    He then again asks me for my ID. This time, I remove my wallet, and produce my badge. I then tell him that I am employed by the District Attorney's office, and while I am not on official business, I am demanding that he give me a valid reason for his wanting to view my ID and detain me. He then changes his tune. After bumbling for a second, he begins to tell me that they have had some strange things going on, etc, lately (holes in the fence, etc)., and that it was suggested to them to 'increase security'. I was going to pressure him abit to find out who exactly 'authorized' him to police public domain, but it was pretty clear at this point that he was shook up enough that I made my point.
    I did give him my card, and the card of the county police department. I advised him to get into contact with them, as I told him that "for his safety, he should refrain from continuing his 'security activities outside of his property".

Bleh.
    Well done - I would have loved to have seen his face when you pulled out your badge!

Lachlan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young
    Do you really think so?
    I do, but I haven't cunducted a scientific poll. Many Republicans in Congress think the NSA wiretapping brings them votes when sold as a "Terrorist Survailence Bill". They think it is great that the Democrats bring it up as they feel it helps their reelection cause. At least this is what several publically said on the radio the other day.

I think if the media sold to America as a errosion of rights then the public might come around, but currently that isn't happening.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt
    I think if the media sold to America as a errosion of rights then the public might come around, but currently that isn't happening.
    If ordinary people start making enough noise then those in power have to start taking notice - just look at APUG. The internet seems as good a place as any to start.

Good luck,

Lachlan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin