Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,948   Online: 1034

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NJlawmaker: criminalize taking pix of power plants

From the LF list:

"The New Jersey state Senate Law and Public Safety Committee is expected to discuss a bill today which would make it a crime -- punishable by up to 18 months in jail -- to photograph, videotape or otherwise record for an extended period of time a power generation, waste treatment, public sewage, water treatment, public water, nuclear or flammable liquid storage facility, as well as any airport in the state."

Full article at: http://www.nj.com/news/sunbeam/index...460.xml&coll=9

(you have to log in to Zip 90201 as a 100 year old female to read it...)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If I was still living back in the tri-state area, I would have called him a schmuck.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    More and more, I'm convinced we live in the United States of Paranoia. I'm sick and tired of big brother.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    What about sketching?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is one weapon that is highly effective against these numpties otherwise known as lawmakers. That weapon is threat of defeat in the next election. I think it would be a good idea to name and shame every single lawmaker who tries to suppoert a bill like this and suggest that people might like to vote them out of office for their mindless behaviour.

Lachlan

Images
    Opponents of the bill said it "makes no sense" and is "awful."
    The opponents are right.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's it. I'm moving back to Utah.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know such laws are fairly common in military dictatorships. For example, Iraq under Saddam had tight restrictions on where photos could be taken, as did the Soviet Union. Up until now, I did not think New Jersey was in the same category.

At the close of the Constitutional Convention, a woman asked Benjamin Franklin what type of government the Constitution was bringing into existence. Franklin replied, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The prisons in NJ are filled with crooks already. Where are they going to keep the "convicted" photogarphers? Transfer them to exile island?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeak
    The prisons in NJ are filled with crooks already. Where are they going to keep the "convicted" photogarphers? Transfer them to exile island?
    Most likely the incarceration would be exile to the most splendid place on earth, with all your cameras...and NO FILM!
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin