Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,348   Online: 1005

Images

Saint Louis to Philly by moving van

I'm helping a friend move soon. I've not been to this part of the country. I'd like to photo the Arch, Wright-Pat air museum, Gettysburg, and what else? I have a few days on each end and a casual schedule in the middle. Any ideas or favorite spots?

Thanks.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Come by Rochester and photograph Kodak Tower quick before it is gone.

LoL.

Sorry, couldn't help that, but there are some spectacular gorges hereabouts. See some of them in my gallery.

It isn't all that far from Gettysburg and the drive to Wright Pat is easy too.

You would be welcome here too.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    I'm helping a friend move soon. I've not been to this part of the country. I'd like to photo the Arch, Wright-Pat air museum, Gettysburg, and what else? I have a few days on each end and a casual schedule in the middle. Any ideas or favorite spots?

Thanks.
    My favorite spot to shoot the Arch is from the Eads Bridge on the east side of the Mississippi River. Here's a link to a shot I made of the Arch from that bridge.

http://dianemaher.fotopic.net/p5199700.html

Sorry I can't help with any of the other places. There is also the newly built Busch Stadium. I want to shoot it, but haven't been able to yet. It's best to do that place on a weekend because there's not so much traffic in downtown St. Louis.

If you are travelling through Indianapolis, you should visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway where they do the Indy 500. I believe that they do let people inside to go to the museum. You could get some shots of the track that way too!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    Wright-Pat air museum
    Thanks.
    About half a mile from where I work!

Might want to swing by the Wright Brothers Memorial; it is nearby on Wright-Patterson AFB, but often overlooked. The original bicycle shop is in Dearborn, Michigan; Ford came down and carted it off for his museum!

You are welcome to a tour of the Library of Congress, Motion Picture Preservation Lab and Nitrate Vault Facility on Wright-Patterson (I'll show you the original negative to "The Great Train Robbery" Edison (1907)) with a little advance notice! PM if interested and I can send contact information...

Our digs are not big but we do good work.

If you love nature, swing by the Clifton Gorge Trail near Yellow Springs; nice travertine stream with surreal rock formations.

Images
    Good Evening, Loose Gravel,

I'm near St. Louis and familiar with most of the area, including the Arch and downtown; PM if you have specific questions.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In Philadelphia, you can come by to process your all the films shot during the trip at our new studio!

I can give you some ideas as to where to shoot around here.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you like flowers, gardens, fountains...I highly recommend Longwood Gardens, which is about 30 miles west of Philly.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When are you due in Philly ? I should have some free time comming up.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    One of the most beauitful prints I have at home is one of the Arch made by William Clift. Dark rain clowds in the background and the shimmering arch in the forgeound. It was shot close up, not across the river. iT is quite stunning. You might google it to see if you can find an image of it.

-R

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin