Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,870   Online: 1024

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy
    Unfortunately whenever we head west we usually have a destination in mind and rarely get off I-70. Next time we'll have to plan ahead and leave some time to take a few side trips!
    Nancy,
    Instead of I-70, drop several miles south and follow K-4 or US 96.
    Alex
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Alex, we've gone west on 96 to Colorado and yes it is a nice drive.

Travis, you definately need to head up to Maxwell for a visit. They have a couple of yearly events that are worth taking in. One coming up soon is their "Prairie Days" which is held the first weekend in June. When we visited they had demonstrations of powder gun shooting, tanning hides, etc. I've attached a photo I took of one of the reenactors. We've taken a tour out into the buffalo herd. At this time of year they have several calves in the herd. Also I've found lots of wildflowers and they have a nice small lake for camping and fishing.
    They have another "Mountain Man Festival in October, and then in November they have a round-up and sale of some of the buffalo. I haven't been to that but I think it would be fun to photograph.
    You can find more information at http://www.cyberkraft.com/maxwell/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MaxwellC7 copy.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    My recommendation for SW Kansas is: Just avoid it.

Earl, ducking and running
    lol

As a Sedgwick County refugee and WSU grad, I agree.

Of course, one still must pass through on the way to Colorado or to visit family and friends. I suggest going native and wearing a sweat-stained to off-white t-shirt one size too small and a stinky John Deere hat.

Worked for my father his whole life.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Unless your commited to snoose streaks on the side of the car from spitting out the window at 70mph, your still going to be spotted a mile off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin