Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,652   Online: 1114

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I live in a small town just off K96 between Hutchinson and Wichita. I've been in Kansas longer than any other place now, just over 30 years. My husband is a native Kansan, and having children and grandchildren here I expect I'll stick around for a while longer. Travis, I wish I'd taken an interest in photography when I was your age.
    I don't know anyone personally that shoots large format, but I remember one day seeing someone with a large format camera making a portrait at our local zoo. It was several years ago, long before I knew anything at all about cameras. I was fascinated watching, and now I'm wondering if that was you Don.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello I am Terry and I live in Topeka. I have been shooting medium format for the last year and a half and lovin' it after shooting 35mm since 1972. I have spent the last three years on trips to the SW shooting Sandhill Cranes in New Mexico or shooting arches in Arches. I just joined the APUG today. Good to know that analog is alive and well in Kansas!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hello Terry and welcome to APUG.

I'm really surprised by the response to this thread. There's a fair number of us here, more than I imagined. I think about four of us are in the Topeka vicinity. Maybe we should get together for a Flint Hills area shoot some weekend.

Thanks to everyone.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Terry,

Hope you enjoy APUG. I'm really glad its here.

Great to see another RB67 user. I love mine. I'll be taking mine there in a few days to shoot at the rose garden in Gage park.

I think Alex is right... I see a local APUG member shoot on the horizon!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live in the City of Kansas, not the State. Does that count? Just a few short miles from the border...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UnionStation.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino
    I live in the City of Kansas, not the State. Does that count? Just a few short miles from the border...
    Close enough IMO, especially to join in a shoot.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kansans,
    A trip to the Flint Hills is at the top of my to-do list. June is a good time to shoot wildflowers there. I have not been in several years, and I really want to get back there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My Husband's family is from Lindsborg, Ks. Very Swedish, does that count?
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, Lindsborg is the place that puts on the Handel's Messiah. Saw it once there in the '80s. Very nice community.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I live in Lawrence, and would be interested in getting together for photo expeditions. You can see some of the photos from my wanderings around Kansas at my business site http://www.mattneedham.com (beware, digital mixed with analog for sensitive viewers ), and at my photoblog http://widelux.blogspot.com (all 35mm BW widelux).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin