Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,346   Online: 777

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My husband grew up in Salina. Does that count for honorary KS status?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If I can get honorary status through my husband's family in Lindsborg, then so can you.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmattfish
    I live in Lawrence, and would be interested in getting together for photo expeditions. You can see some of the photos from my wanderings around Kansas at my business site http://www.mattneedham.com (beware, digital mixed with analog for sensitive viewers ), and at my photoblog http://widelux.blogspot.com (all 35mm BW widelux).
    Glad you jumped in here Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson
    If I can get honorary status through my husband's family in Lindsborg, then so can you.
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    My husband grew up in Salina. Does that count for honorary KS status?
    You ladies must have me confused with the Governor or something. :rolleyes: But, hey, Lindsborg and Salina are pretty close to each other. So, if we organize a shoot, drop the husbands at the in-laws (or a convenient DewDrop Inn) and meet up with us!
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    LOL! Sorry Alex, I couldn't resist. I'd love to come out sometime, but for me, the temps need to be a lot cooler than they are now.

BTW, the mother-in-law lives across the street from us now. My husband had to move her closer since she couldn't be alone so far away.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I love the area around Salina: Rock City, Kanopolis Lake, Mushroom Rock State Park, Wilson Lake, the Garden of Eden, etc...

Sunset on the Konza Prairie outside of Manhattan is nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of the areas Matt mentioned sound like good possibilities. Since there appear to be no plans yet, I'll offer to arrange a Kansas City shoot if there's enough interest.

It would be primarily, if not wholly on the Missouri side. I'm not familiar enough with the aforementioned Kansas locations to pull it off over there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sounds good to me Pandino. I've been wanting to shoot in KC but I'm not very familiar at all with the town. Plus, I don't want to be hiding under the darkcloth alone in some of the areas.

I'll start another thread for North East Kansas shoot.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kansas expat and WSU grad. Grew up in NW Sedgwick Co. (shout out to Nancy). I have a few small scars from assorted farming related accidents, but still have all my fingers and toes.

Most of my family is still there. I've wanted to come back and shoot. Some wonderful places in the Flint Hills around Emporia. There's a wonderous flooded woods just off the turnpike about 40 minutes NE of Wichita (someplace in the vicinity of Andover) that I've passed several times and simply salivated. Don't know how to get there and don't know how I'd get my 8x10 in a row boat - but it's beautiful. I could be the Clyde Butcher of Kansas.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hey rlingg, I did a stint in New Jersey myself years ago. It drove me back to KS.

Think that flooded woodland you're talking about may be El Dorado reservoir.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Hey RLingg

I have a feeling that I may remember you, or at least a couple of your siblings. Did you by any chance graduate from Andale? One of my younger sisters had a good friend by the name of Jean.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin