Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,614   Online: 959

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Kansas APUG Members

The thread about Southwest Kansas sparked quite a few replies fellow Kansans, more than I thought there would be. So, if you are in Kansas, or a Kansas expatriate (meaning you spent a good part of your life here), let's here from you and see how many of us there are.

For the past 16 years, I've lived in the Burlington-New Strawn metro area, about 60 miles south of Topeka. Grew up along Highway 50 between Hutchinson and Dodge City. I was away for 10 years but never could see the sky and a clear horizon living on the East Coast. Way too many trees.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

We're here and have quite a few Kansas customers also. So there are people out there, hopefully thay are also APUG members.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I'm not originally from Kansas, but live here outside of Topeka. I was really surprised to see in your gallery images of that Wabunsee County fort. I've shot there before, its very interesting. Also I've been on Deep Creek road searching for places to shoot.... ever see the camels?

Yep, I'm also an devout JandC customer too! I remember when John came out to meet me for an Ebay sale of Efke 50 in 35mm in Olathe once... Now thats service! Thanks John for all you do.

One thing that surprises me with your images in Wabunsee county is that we never ran into each other! If I'd seen somebody with a view camera around here I'd think I was halucinating. I enjoy seeing your work.

It would be nice to see more Kansas APUG members.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    We're here and have quite a few Kansas customers also. So there are people out there, hopefully thay are also APUG members.
    John, glad you jumped in here and doubly glad you are doing such a fine job of keeping everyone supplied with the great materials you sell. J&C film is the only brand I've ever shot in 8x10.

Quote Originally Posted by jsouther
    One thing that surprises me with your images in Wabunsee county is that we never ran into each other! If I'd seen somebody with a view camera around here I'd think I was halucinating. I enjoy seeing your work.
    Thanks for the nice compliment Joe. Maybe we need to organize a shoot in the area some weekend. There's several places between Topeka and Manhattan on my short list. Some in Topeka too.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    35mm

Another Kansan!

I've lived in Kansas nearly all my life, but that isn't a major accomplishment since I'm just a college student. I grew up in Coffeyville in the southeast part of Kansas, and now I'm currently attending McPherson College in McPherson. I've only recently taken up photography as a hobby this last school year, with my primary interest in black and white photography. I have a Pentax K1000 that I purchased on e-bay that's what I use for my art photography. It's a neat little camera and I enjoy working with it.

I often get the feeling that I'm one of the few young Kansans really proud of the state. I run into people at school (often out-of-staters) who don't appreciate the scenery and "ruralness" of my home state. However, the subtle beauty of the prairie and plains can be shown with well-done photography, as I've seen from many talented photographers. It just takes time to recognize how pretty Kansas can be. =)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's excellent Travis. Good luck to you!
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Alex, organizing a shoot would be great. I could really use some lessons on shooting with large format. I have a 4x5, but never use it like I ought to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I spent a few days in Lawrence once. Does that count, Alex?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    I spent a few days in Lawrence once. Does that count, Alex?
    I suppose it should Ralph. I knew there was something about you that I liked.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Spent 7 years in Wichita in the USAF. (1987-94) Loved it!!!

Wish I was there now...

Russ
    R.L. Sisco
    MSgt, USAF, Retired

Do you have an
    Electro 35 or other
    Yashica that you
    would like Refurbished?
    Check out:
    www.camerarefurb.com

My Gallery

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin