Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,459   Online: 962

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by juan
    Depending on the state of disrepair, there are ruins of greenhouses on Cumberland Island.
    juan
    Juan, AFAIK, there are no abandoned greenhouses on Cumberland, Is. There is one on Sapelo, Is.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    South of the Dungeness Mansion, beyond the grounds and towards the marsh. They are walled ruins - no glass.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    Great shots - I really like the third one of the overgrown door. I would imagine that there is a lot of opportunity for close-up work in these places. Thanks for the samples!

- Randy
    Sorry it came out so dark. I'm not sure why. Anyway I have more but I would like to build a large portfolio to edit down from.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Love your greenhouse shots, Don,

I photographed an Edwardian greenhouse in Victoria on the grounds of Hatley Castle. I made friends with the gardeners and they let me come in and take photos. ( It's closed to the public. ) You've inspired me to scan them to show you. Mine are in 35mm and Kodak Hie Infrared film.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    Love your greenhouse shots, Don,

I photographed an Edwardian greenhouse in Victoria on the grounds of Hatley Castle. I made friends with the gardeners and they let me come in and take photos. ( It's closed to the public. ) You've inspired me to scan them to show you. Mine are in 35mm and Kodak Hie Infrared film.
    Thanks Kate. I look forward to seeing your IR prints of the greenhouse.

The abandoned ones draw me like a magnet.

I'm going to photograph an old small one here locally Friday.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don,

How do you post photos in a thread like this one? Do they still have to be sized to 100KB? Help!

BWKate

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate
    Don,

How do you post photos in a thread like this one? Do they still have to be sized to 100KB? Help!

BWKate
    Kate,

First prepare the photos you want to post. I set mine to 8 bit grey scale, 96 dpi, with the longest side set to 600 pixels. Convert to JPEG if necessary.

Then reply to a post, you see below the Reply To editor a button labelec Manage Attachments. Click on that and browse to the image files on your computer. after selecting the file names click on submit.

Good Luck,
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Don,

I finally learned how to scan and scanned two of my greenhouse infrared photos for you to see. Sorry it took so long. But here they are. I hope you like them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greenhouse#2-100K.jpg   Greenhouse#1.jpg  

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Greenhouses can be great to photograph in and around. All that glass presents multiple levels of shapes, light, shadows. They are worth seeking out and exploring. Here are two from my website:

http://narrationsinlight.com/narrati...nhousedoor.htm

http://narrationsinlight.com/narrati...reenhouse1.htm
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you ever get into the MidAtlantic area, check out Bellevue State Park, in Wilmington, DE. They have a MASSIVE abandoned greenhouse that has some rather large trees growing through it. Where the trees haven't busted out the glass, most of the glass is still intact.

http://www.destateparks.com/bvsp/bvsp.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin