Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,156   Posts: 1,658,254   Online: 974

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    All the best to you and yours in your move! Our prayers are with you, and hey, you're a couple of states closer to Nevada now.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Our prayers go with you!

Charlie..................................

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Dorothy,

Good luck with your move and best of luck to your son also. I have a 23 year old son (only child) and I can imagine your feelings and stress levels. Once again - good luck and best wishes!! I've also been through the "sell everything", "move 600 miles" for family reasons and while it was eventfull at the time it worked out for the best. I sincerely hope it all works out for everyone.

cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Take care Dorothy. I'll look forward to hearing from you here once you get settled in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dorothy I have made two moves with three cats cross country. Get a couple of disposable litterboxes. Also when you stop make sure that you have fresh cool water for them. When you stop for the night, let one person go in and get the motel room, while some one stays with the cats. Only when you have everything else in the room, take the cats, and at least an old robe or something they are use to smelling in as well. They won't like the changes, but familiar smells help. Hve their favorite food, in dry form with you. Canned tends to come out as soft as it goes in. You don't want an upset cat making the ehaust part even softer. If they like things lie treats (mine are hooked on Cosmic Catnip Cat Treats which are liberally laced with catnip) Have those ready for the evening as well. If you go out to eat at night, one person should stay with them so they don't panic. Lastly Good cat carriers are a must. Nothing worse than trying to hold a cat in your arms and transfer them from a vehicle to a room in strange surroundsings.

If you have high strung cats, you can go to the vet and get what is like kitty thorazin. I have one that wouldn't stop meowing the whole way unless we gave her a bit of the tranqualizer. The funniest thing was driving through Rawlins Wyoming in a rainstorm with that kitty in the wabk windo of the van watching the b ack windshield wiper go back and forth. She didn't move her head with it, no, she had to move her whole body from side to side as it swished back and forth. We had a long line of cars in both lanes backed up behind us watching and pointing at Button. Memories that I have no picture of.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear about your son, but the Research Triangle is a very livable part of the country, and Duke's med school is first rate. Moving is always a hassle, but it helps to be moving to a great place.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck with the move and hoping for the best for your son.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck Dorthy, this will be just the first step in bringing peace back to your lives. N.C. does have bright sun lit skys. You'll learn the light and be very happy with your photography.
    Check back soon, we will all want to hear from you.
    Bruce Osgood
    Chinese proverb
    "Print with #3.5 and burn with #1.5." B.J. Confucius
    [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/128244094@N02/?/[url]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best wishes for you and your family Dorothy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My best wishes for you and your entire family. I hope things get better for you, in a hurry...

My wife is a nurse and she's itchin to move to NC because of Duke's reputation. Your son should be in very good hands.

Although your accent may give you away (Southerners can usually tell each other apart), if you start all of your statements with either, "I tell you what..." or Lemme tell you what..." you'll start to fit right in...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin